Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

please help Aqua cat 14 ?  Bottom

• Does anyone here have any experience with this boat?
    I think it's certaninly child friendly as it has no wires
    and my ? is how does it compare to others it's size when sailing up wind? the mfg claims it's a go anywhere cat but can it come back home.
    thanks for any help. Gil icon_confused
  • Gil,

My opinion and I'll qualify it by saying I was one of the original Hobie Cat people back in 1970 along with being a Hobie dealer later on. When Hobies came out there were several Aqua Cats around. Later these sailors were on Hobies and the Aqua Cats were abandoned because no one would buy them.

Try a Hobie Wave demo and see how you like it.
    NaviGator

edited by: Kenginnyd, May 13, 2008 - 03:03 PM
  • Hobie is the way to go...(Sell the Aqua cat) and any cat will come back home if ya point it in the right direction. take some sailin lessons first, cats are different than monohulls!! and sorry about the reply on the other post, but it was kinda funny icon_lol

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • thanks much for your response, I haven't purchased a cat yet and I just made up my mind the wave with jib will be my boat. Gil
  • Gil, in 1970 I got a franchise from the aquacat people and took my boat down to Shell island near panacea florida. I took the boat to demo it and found a bunch of hobie sailors down there. I knew nothing about sailing but knew those hobies were a ton better boat than what I was on for not a lot more money. I got rid of the boats and the franchise and bought one of the first multi colored 16's in Florida. That day with the aquacat may be one of the most embarassing days of my life, but the hobie boys were cool and took me right in. leave the aqua cat alone.
  • ghost thanks for the good advice I'm allready in the market for a hobie.
  • It does indeed appear that the Aqua Cat 14 is the black sheep of the beachcat community.

--
    Philip
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.