Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sail Care, Ford City, PA  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• QuoteApparently it's been proven that it doesnt offer any advantage over the clew plate.

disagree - there may be "little" sail shape advantage but the advantage is "on the fly" adjustment in any wind condition
    try taking your s hook off and move to another hole in 25knots, or while underway

edit - oppps Scott's post already addressed this.

Edited by MN3 on Nov 24, 2021 - 02:26 PM.
  • The Harken mini boom traveler is not cheap. I love the concept, but my 37 year old cat is not racing these days, so I'm sticking to things that make sailing better and easier. I do appreciate learning about this tool I didn't have, and hope I can get to new sails and maybe a jib furler even if it doesn't really pencil into the value of the boat.

--
    Tom
    NACRA 5.7 (1984 Sail 181)
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • tominpaThe Harken mini boom traveler is not cheap. I love the concept, but my 37 year old cat is not racing these days, so I'm sticking to things that make sailing better and easier. I do appreciate learning about this tool I didn't have, and hope I can get to new sails and maybe a jib furler even if it doesn't really pencil into the value of the boat.

Keep It Simple.... Keep in mind, boats are not logical, they are emotional and boat value is all relative. And, it is much more enjoyable to replace something when you want to rather than when you have to.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.