Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

2016 Juana Good Time Regatta  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• So the real question is...whether there's going to even be a Pagoda there in 24 hours..
  • I have still not worked out lodging arrangement for this event and the 50/50....does anyone have room on a camp site for another tent? Or whatever else is available? prost

--
    Bill 404 21SE
    --
  • It's been a couple years since i've made it to this regatta but I remember seeing a large vacant/sandy/grassy area next to the parking lot and behind the boats on the beach. Perhaps they'll let you camp there? i'd email them. There's showers and everything else at the Pagodas too. The year i went there was a guy camping out in his monohull moored out about 50' off the beach. Camp on the boat! :0)

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • There is usually a camper in the parking lot for the race. I'm sure you could get away with camping right there off the parking lot close by. The regatta usually has special rates for some of the local hotels.

as for the round the island race me and my crew will be camping out in the roof top tent. I'm sure Friday night will be in the parking lot at the at FWYC and Saturday night will be camping at the Fort. I know they have said camping at round the island is welcomed. So I'm sure there will be places for it.
  • So I talked with the Juanas people and got them to add a link so you can not only see who is registered but also what boat they are bringing. It's at the top right under the home page and says "Boats Registered as of..."

http://www.juanaspagodas.com/regattanews.htm

Some of my guys are talking about just splitting a room now because they want a shower so they can smell good for all the old men at the regatta I guess..? I'll have my big tent though and if there are people that are just going to bootleg a camp site outside the parking lot I may join.
  • Holy cow....nearly 30 H16s are registered already!

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • rattlenhumHoly cow....nearly 30 H16s are registered already!

Sweet! 30 more hopes and dreams to crush icon_biggrin
  • Just FYI the Days Inn just called me and told me about a mix up on the price that they had accidentally listed as double the rate. They said they had 35 rooms available but only 4 people booked which was way less than usual. The rate is 69 bucks a night.

The best western told me like 130. In case yall booked somewhere else or whatever she wanted me to try and pass it on because she said they have been affiliated with the Regatta for years and their automated system had just messed up.

Edited by tamumpower1 on Sep 07, 2016 - 11:26 PM.
  • I was just told, that online registration closed with over 90 boats registered.

Let's get the walk-ups going at registration Friday and break a hunday!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Well we made it out finally. We almost ran out of gas and one of our caravan broke down an hour and a half out and had to drive back in my truck to get the other boat. Crazy start to the weekend
  • I've got pictures up from Saturday taken by a Charlie Miller on a Jet Ski.

http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures?g2_itemId=124717

If anyone else has photos to share you can create a new album inside the 2016 Juana Good Time album with your name.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Very nice pics and a great Race too.

This was my sons first regatta, we discovered some pretty hefty damage to the bottom of our boat Thursday night while we were cleaning it up. No idea how it got damaged but it looked like somebody beat the very bottom of the boat from the front to just behind the dagger wells with a hammer. We spent most of the night Thursday and part of Friday patching it back up so we could make the race. All worth it though as the whole weekend was great. I think he's hooked on racing since he's looking to find a boat himself.

Thanks again Damon for all you do and hopefully we'll see you this weekend at the 50/50.

Cheers!
  • DamonLinkousI've got pictures up from Saturday taken by a Charlie Miller on a Jet Ski.

http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures?g2_itemId=124717

If anyone else has photos to share you can create a new album inside the 2016 Juana Good Time album with your name.

How many boats were there?

Great pics

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Close to, or just over a hundred

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • Those results aren't even close to accurate for me but sure...I'll take second in a class I didn't even race in...
  • I didn't get scored in the first buoy race (skipped the second). But I know where I finished so it's ok. First race for me since 93. Learned a lot, didn't wreck anybody, didn't flip it, and I know some areas to work on improving. Good weekend!

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • The H16 class has at least 2 mistakes from the sunday races that I have found so far.
  • So where are all the photos they had on the TV screens at the end of the event? The juanas website only has a few in their album from the event.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.