Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sarasota/Bradenton Area Chandlery?  Bottom

• Does anyone know of any good chandlers in the Sarasota/Bradenton area? I'm just looking for somewhere for blocks, shackles, cleats, lines - that kind of thing. I know I can mail order, but sometimes it's good to browse in person and I can't afford to keep remortgaging my house every time I go to West Marine to be disappointed by their meager selection.

--
    H16 back in the day
    SC17 right now
    Bradenton, FL
    --
  • Drive up to Tackle Shack in Pinellas park. The owners are the sons of the original owner. They're pretty good guys and they know EVERYTHING about Hobie cats. I'm in Sarasota and it takes me less than an hour to get there.
  • Thanks - that's exactly the kind of place I'm looking for. I'll take a drive up there.

--
    H16 back in the day
    SC17 right now
    Bradenton, FL
    --
  • Glad to hear Tackle Shack is still going strong. As a brand new catamaran sailor back in 1991 I made a road trip to sail at the Dunedin Causeway, it did not go well, my first launch was into a storm from a rocky part of the causeway and ended up breaking off the tip of a daggerboard.

Made some phone calls (pre-internet) and located Tackle Shack, they were about to close but when i explained my problem they waited for me and fixed the board overnight, saving my vacation.

Thanks Tackle Shack!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • When I bought my first cat (H16) the previous owner held the rigging until I paid him off in full (was paying 1200 in 3 payments).

After the first 2 payments he fell of the face of the earth and I couldn't reach him. In the spring I found out about the guys from tackle-shack and made the call to re-gear my cat up so I could get on the water.

This was before i even had a hitch on my car so Jimmy drove up to my apartment in oldsmar (30 min at the least) looked at the cat and suggested we bring it down to his shop so they could go over it and replace everything that was needed. I agreed and he drove away with the boat.

They fixed me right up, gave me the $1,000,000,000 bill and I was on my way (they are expensive but all marine gear is. They are no more expensive the Murray's is, and you don't pay for shipping)

I still use them from time to time - pretty good guys
    their brother owns water sports west. It is a suf, SUP and windsurf shop... and is very nice

sjbrit - we have a local up here in Dunedin that used to own Elle's Sail shop (Chandlery that closed it's doors a few years ago) - he still has gear and can order anything, and occasionally does repairs still. PM if you want his contact info

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.