Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sailing in CT  Bottom

• So the 2016 inaugural sail was in 1 knot of wind Memorial day weekend in Madison. A gull flying past constituted the strongest gust all day. Bummer.

Looking around for spots with more wind in CT. With beach dolly access. Any help appreciated.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • Hi John,

I'm a member of Hobie Fleet 448, which is based out of Rhode Island. I know it's a little bit of a haul for you, but I've found Rhode Island to be one of the top places to sail in New England. We actually drive 2 hours down from NH to sail with Fleet 448 all summer. It's a great group with several members from CT. Check out their site here: http://www.fleet448.org/

I hope to see you out there on the water!

Andrew
  • John, It's hit or miss on the Long Island Sound. You can have great days even in the dead of summer, but you will find the best winds April/May (bring your wetsuit!) or Sept/October. Don't write off Madison after one bad day on the water. There are a lot of Cat Sailors there for a reason.
  • The Tornado is on the beach wearing new paint. It official won't be a project within days!

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.