Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Double Posts  Bottom

• I find with a new computer, (Win 10, Firefox 46.0.1) that each time I post, after hitting "SUBMIT", I get a long technical message, with an "OK" button at the bottom.
    When I select "OK", it grinds away, "storing post", then reverts back to the same screen you typed on, looking like nothing happened, as the "submit, "edit" etc buttons are still active.
    This leads one to select "SUBMIT" again, resulting in double posts.
    If you just go back to the "HOME" page, after the first "submit", it will show the thread, with your message as the latest.
    One other anomaly I just experienced, (Win 10), was selecting a quote, typing a response, then selecting another quote for the same message.
    It put them in two separate posts vs the same one.
    Another poster spoke of the input page being hugely long. I experienced this with one of my computers, I think it was Vista/Firefox.
    Hasn't happened with XP Pro, Win 7, Win 8, or Win 10, my current OS's.

Edited by Edchris177 on May 08, 2016 - 01:20 PM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Thanks for doing checks with different combinations.

I'm seeing similar problems to yours. I haven't been able to track down the specific thing that is causing it.

It is sure to be related to browser updates or maybe server updates that have broken something.

I'm working on it, but the real solution is to finally change the software the whole site runs on which unfortunately takes a lot of time and resources because of the age and size of TheBeachcats.com.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.