Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.2 `82 vs '85  Bottom

• Anybody know when Nacra went to foam core on these boats? I've heard "post 1985" is foam and "pre 1985" is solid. Not sure which is actually 1985 inclusive. Also, are parts generally inerchangable between 82 and 85? I may have found a project to keep me busy this spring.

--
    Bill Mattson
    Prindle 19 "Gelli Bean"
    Prindle 19 "Cat's Pajamas"
    Nacra 5.2 (Will sail her a bit and let her name herself)
    --
  • I do not know the answer to foam core or not but there are two tramp widths. I am thinking that change was made before the switch to foam core. Also, I believe that the foam core boats did not have the fore and aft tubes that connected the crossbeams on the original models. If you do not see those tubes (or the rivet holes that attached them) i think you are looking at foam core.
  • 1984 was the last year of non-foam core boats 85 was the first foam core boats. That being said there could be a few foam core boats with an 84 number and a few non-foam ones with an 85 number.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • This helps, guys. Thanks. I had a line on two 5.2's one damaged and one partial boat that I was going to make into one. They were a good 300 mi apart. The damaged one sold the day before I planned to make a deal. When opportunity knocks, gotta move quick.

I've been beating the crap out of the Hobie 18 with the channel crossings and island beachings. Looking for a 2nd boat to play around with. Wave piercing hulls would be a nice change. Still may consider the partial one, but now would need to put more $ into it with the other one gone.

--
    Bill Mattson
    Prindle 19 "Gelli Bean"
    Prindle 19 "Cat's Pajamas"
    Nacra 5.2 (Will sail her a bit and let her name herself)
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.