Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 15 Mast  Bottom

• Hello,

A friend had a tree branch fall and it landed right in the middle of his P15 mast last weekend. It put a nasty dent and cracked in the mast. We talked about cutting out the dented sections and sleeving the mast but that would really stiffen the mast. I have located a Prindle 16 mast which is 2 hours away. Does anyone know if the mast are the same diameter? He thinks the P15 mast is narrower and has a different foil shape.

Thanks for your assistance,
    Greg
  • Greg, have owned both, P15 and P16, pretty sure its the same diameter/shape extrusion, it will fit, just cut it down to P15 length. Or you can confirm with Pete Begle, resident Prindle expert, just look up his contact info under classifieds. Even better, put P16 mast with P16 rigging and sails on P15 and go faster icon_biggrin
  • They are the same extrusion.

--
    Peyton Adair
    Prindle 18 classic
    Hobie 17
    Hobie Wave
    Wichita KS
    --
  • Thanks, I thought they were but he said they were different.

--
    Prindle 18 w/ wings, Prindle 16, Prindle 15, current
    Hobie 16 in rebuild
    2 Hobie 18 past
    NACRA 5.2 past

Saint Cloud, Florida
    member Lake Eustis Sail Club
    http://www.lakeeustissailingclub.org
    --
  • I agree that they are the same and if I was going to cut the 16 mast I would line up the mast hounds and cut both ends to get the proper length. The mast head and mast base are easy to remove and replace and is much better than repositioning the mast hound

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.