Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

New Haven CT  Bottom

• Hi all, it's almost warm enough to sail on Christmas eve! Wow. Too bad boat is apart.

Any one around the New Haven area? Seems like things dropped off a while ago.

Just looking to make local connections for next year. Maybe some impromptu racing?

Hobie 16, medium ish skill sailor. New to racing.

John

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • I trailer my Hobie 18 from the Manchester area and sail out of Lighthouse Pt Park. I'd be down to meet up for some racing. Is that where you launch?

I think there's racing in Madison or Fairfield but I'm sure you'll need to be a member of their beach clubs which requires being a resident.
  • We usually sail off a little beach in Madison (txs to a friend Tom). We can trailer to Lighthouse to meet up.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • Sounds great. FYI, to sail out of Lighthouse Pt park requires a yearly pass, $20 resident/$130 non-resident. Price is a little step but it's about the only beach-cat friendly launch on the sound.

Not sure if you're familiar with sailing in New Haven but it's a great spot. Protected by three breakwaters and develops a stiff breeze daily out of the southwest.

Edited by car_guy on Dec 28, 2015 - 11:28 AM.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.