Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.2 parts list to match the owners manual illustration  Bottom

• Hi, this is a long shot, but I was wondering if any Nacra 5.2 fans have a parts list that goes with the illustration in the 1985 owners manual.

I'm a new 5.2 owner and am still learning my way around the boat. I love this exploded diagram of the 5.2, but would really love to have an explanation for all the numbered parts.

Gotta do something to get me through the winter here in Salt Lake City!

Thanks for the help.

http://www.foothillfreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Nacra-1985-1024x702.jpg
  • The parts list does not use those numbers, but you can easily make the connections, from the diagrams in the list.
    I think the parts list is archived here, somewhere...anyone have the link?
    If you PM me, with an email addy, I'll send it to you.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Disregard, here is a link to the parts list. You can download & save it as a PDF.
    http://www.nautic-sport.c…/eclate-ancien-nacra.pdf

Edited by Edchris177 on Nov 01, 2015 - 06:15 PM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    --
  • Nice. This is very helpful and I didn't know that it existed. I now have the pdf in my Nacra folder. Thanks a ton!
  • Edchris, do you know what number 11 is on that illustration? It looks like a short line and clip coming off the lower front of the mast. I Haven't been able to figure it out...

Thanks!
  • Yes, it's not critical, but, it's a huge help when sailing.
    It appears to be part of the diamond wires, but it's not. If you saw it in real life, it would make perfect sense.
    If you go to the actual photo in the manual, & blow it up to 200%, you can sort of make out that it is IN FRONT OF THE MAST.
    I'll look & see if I have an actual photo.
    Look at the front of your mast, there should be an eyestrap, at the location shown. The short piece of line is 1/4" bungee, that ends with a snap hook.
    It's purpose is;
    Hoist the mainsail, (when fully up & hooked), the halyard will end just above that small bit of bungee. There will be a thimble or loop in the halyard.
    You are going to take all the slack halyard line & stow it in the tram pocket, but what keeps the halyard from flailing about in rough weather?
    Answer, that bit of bungee.
    After you hoist the sail, stretch that line up & clip the plastic snap hook into the thimble on the main halyard. The tension will prevent the rest of th ehalyard from being yanked out of the tramp pocket.
    Remember to release this hook before you drop the sail, or will hold it up.
    Rig your boat first, then determine how long the bungee should be. Cleanest is to just tie a "figure 8", & deadend it on the eyestrap.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    --
  • Ah, that explains it. I've just been using a clam cleat lower on the mast, but it's a pain to pull the mail halyard tail all the way through, so I'll give this a try. Thanks again!
  • Your 5.2 halyard should consist of 2 parts, the wire (with the small slug that goes into the fork to hold the sail up), & a line.
    With sail raised, & hooked, the thimble at the end of the wire will be about 12" above that eyestra on the front of the mast.
    Make a suitable length bungee, place the plastic snap hook in the thimble where wire meets line, & then stow the line in the tram pocket.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    --
  • I have one more question for you Edchris, on the diagram above (http://www.foothillfreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Nacra-1985-1024x702.jpg), it gives the top 4 main sail battens a different reference number from the bottom 6 battens. I've looked all over the internet, but I can't figure out a reason to distinguish between the two sets. Do you know of any names for the top set vs. the bottom set?

After I figure this out I believe that I've successfully figured out what all the reference numbers refer to. Kinda like building a ship in a bottle waiting for sailing season to return!

Thanks!

J
  • sorry for the delay, we were in New Orleans just after Christmas, then the Caribbean til today.
    I don't have a 5.2 sail anymore,to compare the battens vs the 5.0, or 5.7. It may be that the 5.2 uses slightly different top battens, or the top battens are common to several boats, & the bottom 6 are different.
    I have not heard of them being referred to as different sets. As long as they fit, I wouldn't worry.
    with regard to battens, make sure you have the two short ones in the leech of the jib. Jib tends to vibrate when pinching if they are missing.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.