Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie Bravo rigging suggestions  Bottom

• I recently purchased a used Bravo with the old style rudder and the original owner can't seem to find the complete rigging / mainsheet system. As a contingency I wanted to see what options exist to replace it. From the parts diagram (http://static.hobiecat.com/2010_archive ... _Bravo.pdf) it appears I would need:

Hook 38670011
    Block 90700121
    Mainsheet Line RM516BLU (28 1/2’)
    Lower Block 90700111
    Nut 8050111
    Low Pro Nut 8050101
    Older Cable Mainsheet attachment assembly 90700011

Is this correct. qty of 1 each for the above items?

Any other options or suggestions are appreciated.
  • I don't think there are any Bravo sailors here, at least yours is the first post re Bravo. I sailed one for a w/e a few years ago, they are pretty simple, & loads are low.
    This should explain it, otherwise go to your local Hobie dealer & take a photo, they probably have one set up on the floor.
    http://www.westcoastsaili…vo_Assembly%20Manual.pdf

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Thanks very much, this is helpful. The boat is for my 12 year old. Thought a full size cat might be a bit much for her to learn on.
  • you made a wise decision. The Bravo is not a performance Cat, any sailor could beat it with one of my Bombardier Invitations, BUT, we must remember, it was designed as a kids boat, & it excels in that.
    Kids can rig it, right it, & sail it. The furling main allows even small kids to set it so they won't get beat up.
    Keep your eyes open for a Wave, your daughter will outgrow the Bravo in a year or two. The Wave will be hugely enjoyed. I once passed a Wave with my 5.7. As I sailed by the kids commented, "Wow, Mr, your boat is really fast".
    I dumped power to talk to them, & realized they had 8 kids on that little Wave, no bloody wonder it was slow.
    Kids are the future of the sport, anything they sail that can be sailed safely, & with a big grin factor is a winner.
    If you cant figure it out, find any other Cats in your area, go out with your daughter & talk to them. I don't know any Cat sailors who won't help a kid get their boat going, & anybody who denigrates them for what they sail is a total loser.
    Enjoy, they don't stay small for very long.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Hey all,

I got a great deal on a bravo last year and decided to use it in the Everglades Challenge. It had a lot of the characteristics I was looking for in my EC boat such as lite weight, easy to pull around solo since it’s o my 4.5’ wide and it has convenient hand grips. The mast is easy to raise and lower singlehanded on the water (this actually helped me to get to a beach through a tunnel of mangroves once) the external reefing main, unarig, mast float, bullet proof hulls that I can slide on rocks of all type. And a common compass fits perfectly in the cup holders too, shallow draft. She actually sails upwind in 6” of water. Anyways, I completed the challenge 300 miles in 8 days. I was the second to last boat to finish coming in 1 hour before the awards ceremony. She points very well to windward when flying a hull. Also the mast comes apart so if you put some oar locks you could have a real row boat when the wind dies. Half the boats didn’t finish the race but I did so it beat all those boats most of them being expensive and crewed boats. By the way I lost my main blocks and could use a new bogie bravo sail if anyone’s got any?

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.