Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie 18 THIRD SPLASH-Broken bone, broken boat, sunburned, dehydrated: MAYDAY CALL  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Quotemay be good for beginner to cut their teeth

So after you cut your teeth in the Chesapeake where do you take your boat? Not sure what you are speaking about. Are you talking about jumping the H18 in surf water?

I'm from the day when you could get in the plane fly across DC without talking to anyone. Avgas $.90/gal. When you file, you're taken to Bum F Egypt, not where you want to go.
    Freedoms since narrowed.
    $1200 per year for mast up storage at Podickory Marina near North of Annapolis. Not what I want to pay. Hell the boat only cost me $400! But it's now on to another sailboat..or perhaps finishing the boat in the garage that would suit my sailing needs. (I'm nearing completing the main hull and will start thinking of cross beams for alma, and sail plan soon. Steel toed boots of course in the work area! icon_lol

Edited by goodsailing on Jul 09, 2015 - 01:00 PM.

--
    Goodsailing

Laser-Standard Rig (Sold 6/15)
    H18 (Sold 7/15)
    Building 19' Tacking Outrigger
    Balt-Wash Area
    --
  • goodsailing

I'm from the day when you could get in the plane fly across DC without talking to anyone. Avgas $.90/gal. When you file, you're taken to Bum F Egypt, not where you want to go.

So you taught Orville and Wilbert how to fly? icon_lol

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • QuoteSo you taught Orville and Wilbert how to fly?

Funny...
    Oh boy. Orville and Wilbert were the first pilots and they taught themselves how to fly.

And prices for fuel then was: 15.5 CENTS/ gal
    100LL Avgas in the late 60's was under a $1. You could buy a brand new Datsun, now Nissan ,new for $1999.00.
    Auto gas before (the current President--not sure why it came up with asterisks ****) was $1.50 (You may remember that one.. . icon_evil

The cool thing about getting old is that you can tell all the youngins how cheap things use to be. New Nacra 460 over $10K; Yikes.

Edited by goodsailing on Jul 09, 2015 - 07:10 PM.

--
    Goodsailing

Laser-Standard Rig (Sold 6/15)
    H18 (Sold 7/15)
    Building 19' Tacking Outrigger
    Balt-Wash Area
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.