Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

WOW! Dauphin Island Regatta Storm  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Mark told me yesterday that he plans to try to find another 18HT, so isn't looking to sell his parts just yet.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • My brother and I were two of the H16s in the 2015DIR. We're both looking for masts in the ATL or NE TN or South Alabama areas if anyone knows of one for sale. Thanks.
  • Can ship 2 H-16 masts to nearest large town near you for $500 total. See my classified. Pete 909-800-5237
  • Someone was asking about GPSs,

I have a Garmin eTrex 20 Velcro-ed to my boom with a bungee lanyard attaching it firmly to the boom. It is cheap and easy to use.

I also have my VHF and iPhone Velcro-ed to the boom with lanyards. They are all out of the way but within easy reach.

Make sure to use the industrial Velcro 

--
    Jim
    New Orleans

'83 H18 SX mods 2013 -
    '65 Lavey Craft 2005 -
    '69 Cal 25 1997 - 2001
    '80 P16 1980 - 1996
    --
  • shipchips1Someone was asking about GPSs,

I have a Garmin eTrex 20 Velcro-ed to my boom with a bungee lanyard attaching it firmly to the boom. It is cheap and easy to use.

I also have my VHF and iPhone Velcro-ed to the boom with lanyards. They are all out of the way but within easy reach.

Make sure to use the industrial Velcro 

I use a Garmin Quatix (on my wrist) and keep the VHF (small Icom) and Iphone (in waterproof case) in the pockets of my life jacket. No guarantees that I can stay with the boat in a capsize and having communication equipment on my person is critical, as it was for the sailors is this storm.
  • QuoteNo guarantees that I can stay with the boat in a capsize and having communication equipment on my person is critical, as it was for the sailors is this storm.

+1
  • QuoteI also have my VHF and iPhone Velcro-ed to the boom with lanyards. They are all out of the way but within easy reach.

yea if you have extendable rubber arms that can reach out to the boat that is sailing away from you while you're taking a swim you'll be OK but I think not icon_eek

Edited by goodsailing on May 08, 2015 - 08:46 AM.

--
    Goodsailing

Laser-Standard Rig (Sold 6/15)
    H18 (Sold 7/15)
    Building 19' Tacking Outrigger
    Balt-Wash Area
    --
  • Here's what goes into finding your butt. I don't think I'd do this work without exposure suit and EPIRB. Guy was pretty creative in saving his own life and he was lucky they hadn't called off the search based upon CG computation of how long one could survive the cold. It's a big ocean. Be careful out there. With the disaster above I would have tried to stay with the wrecked boat if floating. Easier to spot hulls than a head etc..

http://www.nytimes.com/20…eck-in-the-sea.html?_r=0

--
    Goodsailing

Laser-Standard Rig (Sold 6/15)
    H18 (Sold 7/15)
    Building 19' Tacking Outrigger
    Balt-Wash Area
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.