Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Miami-Key Largo Tracking  Bottom

• There are a number of Florida 300 participants doing the Miami-Key Largo race. I set up a Kattack tracking page for the race so I can do some additional testing and the sailors can test drive the app.

Just download “Kattack Mobile” app, open it, Set Up “My Boat” and connect to the “2015 Miami-Key Largo” race in the “Select a feed” section.

So far Eric Roberts (RC-30), John Casey (Nacra 20 Foiler) and Dick McDonald (F18)are going to be using it. Any other multihull boats can connect to it if you want to pass the word. I want to keep the tracking specific to multihulls.

It will be great to see how the Nacra 20 Foiler does against the mammoth RC-30.

The Feed:
    http://kws.kattack.com/GEPlayer/GMPosDisplay.aspx?FeedID=1404

Pass the word at the skippers meeting tonight.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • awesome
  • This should be fun to watch. I'm counting the days till I get down there for the Florida 300!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Race On!
    Looks like we have 5 boats tracking.

Live Feed:
    http://kws.kattack.com/GEPlayer/GMPosDisplay.aspx?FeedID=1404

Mobile Live Feed:
    http://kws.kattack.com/GEPlayer/GMPlayer.aspx?FeedID=1404

Rocket (foiling Nacra) took early lead on Dream On (RC30) but was not able to maintain. Dream On with solid lead as Rocket had to tack to avoid sand bar.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • Dream On (RC30) first across the line with Rocket (Foiling Nacra) about 15 minutes behind followed by Bret Moss then Mike Phillips.

I extended the course back to Miami Yacht Club. Dream On, Rocket and Turtle Mojo are just a few of the boats "racing" back.

Rocket had fastest segment on the way back 24.2 knots; Dream On at 18.28 knots.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • Rocket won the race back. Interesting tidbits from the race:
    Rocket was not able to foil much on the way to the Key Largo mark because of too much sea grass.

Dream On did not run spinnaker on the way back to the Miami Yacht Club.

Not really a fair representation either way. Going to have to tune into the Florida 300 to get a better picture!

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • I've been wondering how the foiling boats would deal with crap fouling their huge scythes slicing through the water. In the Florida Gulf I've suddenly run into thick seaweed beds and also sometimes huge herds of giant moon jellyfish big enough to knock the big heavy Hobie 18 daggers around and kick up my rudders.

Hit that kind of thing at 30+ miles per hour and oh no!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.