Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Florida 300 Information Thread  Bottom

• I will post event info here:

Florida 300: Hotels, Registration and More

F300 HOTELS:

We are down to five weeks before the Florida 300. The last day to get the reduced rate at Islander Resort in Islamorada is tomorrow:

The Islander Resort
    80001 Overseas Highway
    MM 82.1 US-1
    Islamorada, FL ‎33036
    Telephone: 305 664 2031 / 800753 6002
    Use “Florida 300 Catamaran Race”for event rates
    Rate: $209 +11% tax available till April 10, 2015
    Islander Water Sports will direct Boat locations and trailer positioning

We are committed to 10 rooms at the Best Western Cocoa Beach but will lose them if not booked by April 16th:

Best Western
    Second building north of The Cocoa Beach Pier.
    5600 N Atlantic Ave,
    Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
    Telephone: 321.783.7621
    Use “Florida 300 Catamaran Race” for event rates
    Rates: $105.95

For a full list of hotels:www.Florida300.com/hotels

We have several teams that haven't filled out the official registration form and sent in deposit yet. Please register online so we have an accurate count on who's coming.
    Florida 300: www.Florida300.com/registration
    Dog Fight: www.Florida300.com/dogfight

CREW NEEDED:
    Knot2Slow: looking for sailing crew on the F18. Competed last year and looking to compete again this year. Boat is ready to go.

We have another new team that is looking for ground crew. If they don't find ground crew, they will not be racing.

Contact: info@sailseries.com if you are interested in either crew option.

For more information on the Florida 300, please check out www.Florida300.com and "Like" www.Facebook.com/Florida300. For more information on Sail Series Promotions, please check out www.SailSeries.com.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • The "Sailing Instructions" for the Florida 300 is posted:
    www.Florida300.com/downloads/15_Florida300_SI.pdf

Tracking is mandatory on all boats including “Dogfight” boats. Either a SPOT Satellite Tracker or a smartphone with Kattack Mobile app (free) are acceptable transmitters. See paragraph 8.3 of Sailing Instructions for details.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • We are working on separate "Sailing Instructions" for the Dogfight. We have five so far for the Dogfight and Hans Geisler (G-Cat designer/builder) is trying to get some more G-Cats. Anyone planning to go please register as soon as possible to bring up interest. No deposit is required and no penalty for not being able to do it.
    http://florida300.com/dogfight

I heard it from reliable sources that someone from this forum... clearing throat...is considering the race! You can come out of the closet to discuss now.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • Thanks for all your work on this Craig
  • New Foiling Class for the Florida 300:
    We have two foiling entries for the Florida 300. The GT 300 winners John Tomko and Ian Billings will be competing on a "Flying Phantom" and John Casey and Colin Page will be competing on a Nacra 20 FCS.

We haven't sorted out the details yet but they will probably have their own water start after the rest of the fleet starts and finish using a plane perpendicular to the finish line. Because they are not using the same start and finish lines, they will probably not count for overall awards.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • MN3Thanks for all your work on this Craig

np, thanks. I was beginning to think I was just posting for myself.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • cyberspeed
    MN3Thanks for all your work on this Craig

NO! I'm hanging on every word. There are a lot more readers than posters so keep the info coming!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • John Tomko and Ian Billings: "Flying Phantom"
    https://youtu.be/LgQ41OgmWpg

John Casey and Colin Page: Nacra 20 FCS
    https://youtu.be/nfBumbfPpnM

Edited by cyberspeed on Apr 16, 2015 - 03:49 PM.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • +1
    This site isn't full of as many "racers" as other sites, but there is still lots of interest in these bigger cat races and hope for the success and (re)growth of them and the sport.

DamonLinkous
    cyberspeed
    MN3Thanks for all your work on this Craig

NO! I'm hanging on every word. There are a lot more readers than posters so keep the info coming!
  • The Florida 300 is glad to announce the addition of Damon Linkous to our race committee staff and TheBeachCats.com as a Sail Series Promotions Partner. It is great having Damon and TheBeachCats.com to helping out. He helped us get the race off the ground last year and was part of the Tybee 500 team.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • NICE!
    cyberspeedThe Florida 300 is glad to announce the addition of Damon Linkous to our race committee staff and TheBeachCats.com as a Sail Series Promotions Partner. It is great having Damon and TheBeachCats.com to helping out. He helped us get the race off the ground last year and was part of the Tybee 500 team.
  • MN3+1
    This site isn't full of as many "racers" as other sites, but there is still lots of interest in these bigger cat races and hope for the success and (re)growth of them and the sport.

Oh they are here (waves to crowd) stalking the classifieds for Flying Phantoms for sale. Just need to get them to come to the forums and share stories and race tips.

cyberspeedThe Florida 300 is glad to announce the addition of Damon Linkous to our race committee staff and TheBeachCats.com as a Sail Series Promotions Partner.

Glad to be aboard! Really looking forward to it. I'm trying to work out a road trip either before or after to visit some of the South Florida folks.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Bad News...
    My wife was in an accident last week and suffered mild whiplash and is going through physical therapy for her neck. Because the gumbo takes a lot of heavy lifting (4 big pots), she is not going to be able to do the gumbo this year.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • I'm watching this big time too. I'm really hoping to see some good footage from the boats as well as a possible drone overview of starts and finishes. I can see this event growing every year.
    BTW, Great Job Craig! We're watching!!!

Edited by fxloop on May 05, 2015 - 01:25 AM.

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • cyberspeedBad News...
    My wife was in an accident last week and suffered mild whiplash and is going through physical therapy for her neck. Because the gumbo takes a lot of heavy lifting (4 big pots), she is not going to be able to do the gumbo this year.

Craig, sorry to hear about the injury! Hope the therapy is successful and she gets to feeling better.
  • The Florida 300 press release is available now at http://www.thebeachcats.c…ws/420/2015-Florida-300/

Please read and share on your Facebook and competitor pages to spread excitement about the start of the race.
  • SMS Racing (raced last year) is looking for ground crew/team manager for the race this coming week. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you their contact info.

Also looks like a Papa's Pilar rum party on Tuesday. JC's new sponsor.

I updated entry list with latest info. There has been some shuffling on the Royal boats and have two boats confirmed and the third boat rumored to be skippered by Leandro Spina rotating youth sailing crew for each day.

I have been doing a lot of testing with live streaming via YouTube using my main camera and pretty much have it figured out. Hope to be streaming starts and finishes live. Will be testing on set up day and hope to stream the rum tasting party. Will post on this site, CatSailor.com and Facebook.

Stay tuned...

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • Great Stuff. Tell him I got his insurance info and will be sending him additional info on the Dogfight.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • HaHa I was borrowing Hans computer and ended up posting under his account.

Repeat,

I'm on my way Craig. I've made it to Dade City where I'm visiting with Hans Geissler of G-Cat fame at his amazing www.MorningstarFishermen.com operation.

Hans will be piloting a G-Cat 5.0 in the Dogfight 50 mile closing leg.

I'll be in Islamorada Monday, can't wait.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Complete Florida 300 video coverage is available. We had some technical issues with the start and finish of day 1 and during the awards. Part 2 segments were added to the broadcast playlist to complete the coverage. Tracking replay links were also added to the descriptions where appropriate. We are already working towards next year to improve all aspects of the race.

Hope you enjoy:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMoVbYBrFGwP1_gfzeF7bG_N6xXFnO-mY

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.