Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

6- or 5-inch contoured inspect port - Hobie 18 ?  Bottom

• Any reason I should not put an inspect port between the rear beam and the dagger slot?

I know hull has no bulkheads and I replaced the foam billets with pool noodles...(Special use project).

Is a 6-inch contoured port even avail?

--
    Leave places better for having been there; respect others,
    "The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." Harper Lee - Scout, To Kill a Mockingbird.
    Congress needs fixing, fix it!
    --
  • Bob,
    Check with Murray's Marine, not sure about 6". And I'll check my stash, I know I bought a pair recently for the SC that were bigger than I needed.

Dave
  • 6 inch contoured are kinda hard to find,I installed a 4 inch curved in the place you are talking about on the p19 . I bought the 6 inch flat for the B-LION and bedded them on a bed of thickened resin,looks good.

http://www.saltydogmarine.com/index.php?cPath=54&osCsid=f9b4468d37817f91eaff7d8b43800406

Edited by onekiwi on Apr 08, 2015 - 10:14 AM.

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • I put inspection ports in between the rudder and rear beam. I avoided in front of the rear beam Since I would be sitting on them while sailing, and that didn't sound comfortable. I think my ports are 4" contoured. I used them to repair cracking at the rear crossbar.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • Sorry for late response. I check the response box, but emails I did not rec...will check spam and email in CP to be sure.

Anyway, Thanks for help. Onekiwi is right 6" curved are scarce enough I decided 5 inch will do. Hole size only 1/2 inch or so difference...

--
    Leave places better for having been there; respect others,
    "The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." Harper Lee - Scout, To Kill a Mockingbird.
    Congress needs fixing, fix it!
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.