Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Trailer lights on a bar  Bottom

• I have a Hobie 16 trailer that needs a rebuild of the trailer lights. On my last H16, many years ago, I had a bar across the back of the boat that held the lights. I could easily take the bar off and put it in the car or garage, when not being used.
    I would like to use the same set up, but am having a hard time recalling the design. Has anyone seen something like this? Any pictures or recommendations would be great.
    I am thinking, this would sit up on the tramp at the rear cross bar, and have the lights on top. The bar would also have a mast holder. All wood, cut to length, with a profiled notch to hold the mast.
    Al alternate would be a bar that sits across the hulls aft of the tramp posts, holding the lights, and not the mast. But there might not be enough clearance to the rudder bars.

Thoughts?

--
    Ted
    Hobie 16
    South Carolina Lake sailing
    --
  • I too like this design, lights left out in the elements don't have a long lifespan. I've used a piece of angle iron( stainless or aluminum) that is long enough to span the hulls, lights and license plate mounted to it, with a couple of holes drilled in the appropriate spots, to allow it to be attached to the rudder gudgeons with a short bolt. This puts it below the mast, thus out of the way. Won't work if you trailer with your rudders attached, but then you might be able to tape or zip tie the bar to your tramp pylons.

Dave

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.