Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Reef in boomless main  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• just quickly glanced at this thread so your question may be answered but here goes anyway

I had a modified F-27 trimaran with boomless main. I had extra slugs (Marström mast) made into the halyard, as it must lock securely at the reef points. Another consideration is that you must choose carefully where the reefing points are not only for sail area reduction, but how well supported the mast is at the new headboard/lowered height on the mast.

see below video of my reefed main in action:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXjpPRxj848
  • Hiya, is anyone still watching this post?
    I recently purchased a Nacra 5.8, I am looking at buying a new set of sails. Jib for roller furler and main with square top and reef'able. and just to be rooly difficult they gotta be red, because red goes faster ha ha.
    Can anyone point me to a sailmaker that can help me out for a reasonable price and good quality.
    Cheers
  • Check out SLO Sail and Canvas (slosailandcanvas@yahoo.com) 805-479-6122. They make a laminate square top main and jib at a very competitive price. You will have to buy new battens also, the old ones probably won't fit the new sail. Be sure to tell them if you have the 5.8 NA or regular as the jibs are different.
  • there are lots of sail lofts that can build a n5.8

all can make one, but sail lofts that specialize in sails (not tramps) are better (imho)

I would suggest going with the highest quality builder you can afford (Elliott / Pattison , landenberger sails, supersailmakers, glasersails and if you need to go on a budget: Chip at whirlwind)

Slo screwed me over and never returned my gear - i will leave it at that
  • Thanks for the replies guys : )
  • My F25C is boomless and reefs with a clutch sewn into the clew. Of course the the F25C has a clutch and winch halyard tension and a 7-1 downhaul. Not sure if your cat has a locking ring at the top of the mast/sail but if its windy enough to need a reef you probably need to control halyard tension. If daysailing I would recommend a smaller main made ( I had a smaller main for my Bimare F18HT as I only solo sail).

James F25C & H17

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.