Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Tri-Point race info needed  Bottom

• Could someone tell a first timer the launch ramp details for the tri point,we are planning on setting up and sailing on friday,is there anywhere to leave the cat ,mast up?
    Thanks

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • Send me a PM with your email, phone etc. for the 411

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • pm sent

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    --
  • JohnES will have good info.
    The ramps have just been rebuilt, and you can stay in a vehicle in the parking lot overnight for a small fee.
    John is the one that talked PBYC into letting beachcats into the race eight years ago.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • OK, so here is the scoop boys and girls....

If you're cumming up on Thursday or Friday, let me know and I can let you in the mast up yard to store your boat... Also, there is a large contingent of RV'ers Phoenix.... that last year they left their boats next to their rigs in the harbor parking lot with no problems... Bob Klozhead... chime in here if this is not the case...

Here are the directions

Also, there is now a sport fishing business going on on that side of the parking lot... I would commandeer your spots early...

As a note, I plan to be around next Thursday and Friday as I need to set my boat up with all new standing rigging..... hint - hint - hint ........if you think you need it; get an order in now as Murray's swagging machine is down for repairs and it is taking a few extra days.. Bob "Seguridad Nazi" Martinez will be doing the inspections and we want for this to be a safe fun event for all... Oh.. forgot... if you need anything give me a call (eight zero five) two one eight - six eight zero zero

As for the social events last year we did two things.... got together at Andrea's Seafood on Friday night and Carrow's for breakfast the next morning... That said, I wouldn't be opposed to hosting pot luck barb-ba-que at Casa Schwartz that Friday night. Let me know...

Anyway... we currently have seven entries, and anticipate another four.... hmmmmmm this will make us the biggest class for the race...

That said....I look forward to meeting some of you folks for the first time and dragging up dead relatives with some of the past participants...

Safe travels

Edited by JohnES on Aug 04, 2014 - 10:36 PM.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Thanks for all the info, sounds like it will be a fun event ,shall I bring a dictionary?Got my new sheets ordered today.

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    --
  • JohnESAlso, there is a large contingent of RV'ers Phoenix.... that last year they left their boats next to their rigs in the harbor parking lot with no problems... Bob Klozhead... chime in here if this is not the case...

After all the nice things I say about you, I get called Klozhead?
    Fine.

Scott Agan, the Commodore of Fleet 44 in Phx, says we may have seven coming over from Phoenix. Most are planning to stay in RVs in the marina area. Cutter and I have a room at Casa Martinez- at least until I beat Bob this year. :) Martinez won't race me on his 18-2, he prefers his English Dart, so I may have to get to ramming speed and duel it out.

JohnES, you mentioned at dinner last year trying a different restaurant. Suggestions?

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • If you are coming to the TriPoint and you want t-shirts, call Richard (his contact info is on the NOR- pbyc.org) and tell him what sizes and long or short sleeve. He is putting in the order this weekend and if you don't tell him, you will miss out. He doesn't need the money until registration on race day.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • 15 boats are entered and there may be more.....

Sorry about the misspelling Bob....

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • JohnES15 boats are entered and there may be more.....

Sorry about the misspelling Bob....

Wahoo!!!!!!!!!

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Can someone give me an idea of what they are looking for in standing rigging as a disqualifier?
    I sail my boat out of Ventura / Oxnard all the time and my rigging in my opinion looks good. But, I dont want to show up Sat morning and get disqualified. I can post pictures if it helps.

I bought the H18 at the beginning of the summer and the rigging looked good. Have no idea if it has been replaced in last 3 years.
  • numberfoolCan someone give me an idea of what they are looking for in standing rigging as a disqualifier?
    I sail my boat out of Ventura / Oxnard all the time and my rigging in my opinion looks good. But, I don't want to show up Sat morning and get disqualified. I can post pictures if it helps.

I bought the H18 at the beginning of the summer and the rigging looked good. Have no idea if it has been replaced in last 3 years.

Welcome....are you the white H18 I have seen at Ventura a few times this summer?

The spirit of this requirement is to make sure your just not dusting of the old boat that has been sitting in the side yard for the past couple of years and deciding to have a go of this race with out putting any thought into it... You know the conditions we sail in and how fast they could find a weak link.... With that, I would ask that you check all of your rigging to make sure there are no frayed- lose strands or rusty junctions (sometimes the rust is just surface rust and can be cleaned) on your wires.... and also have the required safety equipment....

As a bench mark, I just changed out my standing rigging that was just about two years old.... this is something I do every time I get a new/used boat. My two year old diamond wires started to fray and I decided that while I have it down why not just get some new shrouds and forestay.... On the other hand, I sailed a Prindle 18 just about every weekend for about five years before even touching the rigging and it still looked as good as the day I got it...

Oh! We usually hook up at the Carrows just off the 101 / Seaward exit for a group breakfast.... You're welcome to join us...

Edited by JohnES on Aug 12, 2014 - 07:11 AM.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • JohnESWelcome....are you the white H18 I have seen at Ventura a few times this summer?

That's me. I normally sail out of Oxnard, but started going out of Ventura once Pete up at Big Bear turned me onto the Tri-Point. My boat is attached as a picture (will be running my white sails for race though) The launch and retrieval at Ventura is better. I have had a few times though in Ventura in the evening where the wind just stops. Fantastic sailing out of both. I sail up at Arrowhead as well, but the conditions out of Ventura / Santa Barbara are hard to beat.

We are really looking forward to Saturday. I read in the email instructions the procedure if they waive off going around the island. Really hoping that doesnt happen.

I called Murrays yesterday and they think they can have new shrouds and a forestay to me by tomorrow, if so I will go up and pick it up. My rigging looks fantastic, but safety first for sure.

The breakfast sounds great. I think my daughter and I will try and join you.

Thanks

Wayne

https://jgv4vq.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2pX4hjlfL4VlOBmvutKqCkPJIP5yQ9GnetLwK4PkRqmxXttSupImFcevUV-G3T6cNiPmuuhQkS1tNmu7lHOBUo4QUYhhJG4Om_8UWefW-mDOs/IMG_5827.JPG

Edited by numberfool on Aug 12, 2014 - 02:06 PM.
  • numberfoolI called Murrays yesterday and they think they can have new shrouds and a forestay to me by tomorrow, if so I will go up and pick it up. My rigging looks fantastic, but safety first for sure.

Really smart move.
    Windfinder says 17 to 18 mph wind from 2 PM to 5 PM.
    This is going to be fun!
    See you at breakfast, Wayne!
    http://www.windfinder.com…ast/anacapa_passage_buoy

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Fantastic day of sailing and great time.

It was great meeting our out of town teams from Phoenix and Texas, as well as the guys local to us here in the Ventura area.

Kind Regards,

Wayne

Camarillo, CA
    Hobie 18

Edited by numberfool on Aug 16, 2014 - 08:54 PM.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.