Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Help with Mystere 5.0xl trapeze rigging  Bottom

• Can anyone tell where the rear trap lines are bungeed to the tramp or hulls? I know the front crossbar has a bungee cord running thru it for the front trap lines but i can't see where to attach the rear ones. Bought this at last year and didn't use the traps so i just tied them all together up front, but would like to set it up right and try them this summer. Thanks

--
    Jason Kasper
    2000 Mystère 5.0XL
    Lake St Francis (St Lawrence River)
    Lancaster, Ontario, Canada
    --
  • there should be small grommets in the tramp (on each side) aft of the jib blocks for a bungee to run.

I have 2 small blocks hanging off the rear tramp tightening bar and run a lot of bungee for my skipper traps
    I criss-cross the bungee under the tramp to maximize the amount of bungee i can use (you want all the slack possible when you stuff the bows, or flip)

Edited by MN3 on Apr 03, 2014 - 09:13 AM.
  • That's funny because that's what i would have expected but i'm sure there's no grommets on mine. And I had a new tramp made by Mystere last summer! But i'll check again tonight to be sure...

--
    Jason Kasper
    2000 Mystère 5.0XL
    --
  • Normally there's also an eyestrap on each hull, to have the trap wires further out. It's worth to add them if not alreay there. You could live without them though. If you have them you could run the bungee above the tramp as a temporary solution. Or if you want to be creative, you could run it up to the mast.. I bet no one ever thought that...
    I second adding length below the tramp, I have that too and it's much better, otherwise it is too lose when not in use and won't extend all you would like with an uniform tension. I have a couple blocks inside the front beam for that too.
  • If you don't have the eye strap like me I added a loop of line to attach a block to the tramp lacing loop. There isn't really any tension on the line as it only holds the trap lines out closer to the sides of the boat.

If the tramp should have a grommet, add them. A sailmaker could do that or you could DIY it I don't think its that hard.. Ask the manufacturer for the correct location.

--
    Bob Miller
    1983 P16 Sail # 7312
    "Miller Time" A work in progress; out of the water for 16 years
    Barnegat Bay NJ
    Beach Cat Lesson #1 - A free cat isn't
    Find more Prindles on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/173120656090532/
    --
  • Yep, there is a grommet on each side. I think my old one didn't have it but this new one does. As for the eyestraps you guys mentioned, are you referring to the ones in the tracks on each hull for the jib?

--
    Jason Kasper
    2000 Mystère 5.0XL
    --
  • No, it should be on the outer edge of the hull. It frees some space on the tramp for your crew to move around, if you often carry 3 on board it might be worth to consider it.

Edited by Andinista on Apr 07, 2014 - 04:49 AM.
  • I dont know if that is a stock feature.

I don't recall seeing that on other local 5.0's and i Know it isn't on 5.5's or 6.0's

I wouldn't add one to the hull. It is just another thing to sit on or make ya bleed during a pitchpole.

I use a little bungee loop and plastic hook to hold the skipper trap wire next to the side stay and out of the way

Quote As for the eyestraps you guys mentioned, are you referring to the ones in the tracks on each hull for the jib?
  • MN3I dont know if that is a stock feature.

Neither do I.. sorry.. probably too much of a generalization to assume that every cat should have it.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.