Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Rebuilding/Repairing Hobie, Painting Advice  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• http://www.thebeachcats.c…ctures/?g2_itemId=107416 Started a album to post to as I go along just for fun. It was in pretty ruff shape after the incident. I'll have to post that story soon, It was interesting.

Also, I've read of people taking a hobie 16 forstay and jib halyard, and cutting them down and using them on a 14 instead of the rolling fuller set up. (the fuller set up on the one I have is super sketchy) Has any one ever done this?

--
    Saint Simons Island, GA
    Saint Simons Surf Sailors

Nacra 6.0NA
    Nacra Inter17
    Hobie Wave
    PSI Laser
    AMF Sunfish
    --
  • Went and did some work today on the boat, Took a picture of the underside the stuff I was talking about that's white and is hard ass a rock. I'm assuming to protect it from dragging around, anyways here's a link to it any help would be great trying to figure out what it is

http://www.thebeachcats.com/pictures/?g2_itemId=107445

--
    Saint Simons Island, GA

Nacra 6.0NA
    Nacra Inter17
    Hobie Wave
    PSI Laser
    AMF Sunfish
    --
  • logan, looking at pic 2 in your album, I noticed that your H14 does not have a dolphin striker setup, hopefully you kept the front crossbar off the parts boat and will transfer it to your boat? Most important when converting to H14T to have that DS bar and rod. I'm thinking that stuff on the hull bottoms is some kind of epoxy putty.
  • Difficult to tell...but does it matter? Will need to remove (carefully sand to base) and see what it covers...likely a gouge or crack and poly was a quick fix.

If the hull is cracked, might have to install 5-inch inspection port topside to dry out interior, then sand and add interior epoxy/glass patch, then epoxy/glass and finish outside, and paint...remember, poly will not adhere well to epoxy but epoxy adheres well to poly and most materials, and epoxy is an excellent, flexible repair...

Lots of info on Internet about hull repairs...West System is excellent source.

Tedious work, but no shortcuts allowed...it is a boat.

Edited by BobBill on Mar 03, 2014 - 09:26 AM.

--
    Leave places better for having been there; respect others,
    "The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." Harper Lee - Scout, To Kill a Mockingbird.
    Congress needs fixing, fix it!
    --
  • the-renovatorlogan, looking at pic 2 in your album, I noticed that your H14 does not have a dolphin striker setup, hopefully you kept the front crossbar off the parts boat and will transfer it to your boat? Most important when converting to H14T to have that DS bar and rod. I'm thinking that stuff on the hull bottoms is some kind of epoxy putty.

Have the front cross bar from the boat, was working on transferring that over today actually. Which has proven to be quite a task.

--
    Saint Simons Island, GA

Nacra 6.0NA
    Nacra Inter17
    Hobie Wave
    PSI Laser
    AMF Sunfish
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.