Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Securing 6 month old to F18  Bottom

Edited by nher207 on Feb 24, 2014 - 01:56 PM.
  • I would suggest you have ambivalent attitude to having a son. Pete
  • I really hope you're joking. icon_confused
    The best place for a 6 month old child on a beach cat is in his mother's arms on the beach, or at home.
    My 7 year old daughter is finally big enough, in my opinion, to ride on my Hobie 18. I will still have someone on board who is soley responsible for her safety, not operating the boat. Trying to take a kid that young on a performance cat is foolhardy at the least.

--
    Jeff
    Houston TX
    1986 Hobie 18 Sail# 13031
    --
  • My children have been allowed on board one at a time when they were 3+ on CALM (5-7mph ) days in inland waters. Another adult was on board and was fully aware that if kid goes over you better be over before I even notice. Everyone wears life jackets without fail at all times. My 8 year old loves it and I am comfortable enough with her swimming ability that I will take her out alone now and fly a hull on some moderate days. Now to find her a harness to hook her on cat sailing for good....
  • Unscrew hatch cover.
    Stuff baby inside hatch.
    Secure hatch cover.
    Other possibilities are lashing the little Grommet to the mast, or stuffing him into a sock hung from the boom.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Maybe something like the arm bands for holding a vhf radio or phone. Would work better with twins so you wouldn't be unbalanced.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I am thinking you could easily fit a car seat to the dolphin striker. Have him facing forward so he gets the best experience!
  • glad there are some fellow sailors out there with a sense of humor.....he's not coming on until he's 8 years old at least dont worry. although, he's in the 80% for weight now, by the time he's 8 i may have to sell the F18 and buy a I20!!!
  • nher207glad there are some fellow sailors out there with a sense of humor.....he's not coming on until he's 8 years old at least dont worry. although, he's in the 80% for weight now, by the time he's 8 i may have to sell the F18 and buy a I20!!!

Edchris177 had some good ideas.
    I reread your post later, and assumed that was the case, sorry if I flamed you (I am married to a Neonatal ICU nurse, and dad to a former NICU patient.)

Tuesday morning here in Houston, there was a newborn baby left in a trashbag in an apartmant complex's dumpster. A maintenance guy herd the kid crying, thought it was a cat, and rescued him. Baby is at a local hospital, and I probably know most of the nurses who are taking care of him. "Dad" is 22, and out of the picture. "Mom" is 16, she "didn't know she was pregnant", and she "thought the baby was dead", so she did what she did, allegedly.
    http://www.myfoxhouston.c…nt-know-she-was-pregnant

Sounds to me like these "parents" need to be fitted for some concrete boots.

--
    Jeff
    Houston TX
    1986 Hobie 18 Sail# 13031
    --
  • Thats easy, hot glue gun, duct tape (gorilla stuff for sure) Arc welder, fiberglass cloth and resin, gelcoat. 15 lbs of aluminum beer cans empty. Earplugs,, lots of earsplugs

--
    2007 Nacra F18 Infusion
    www.fleet250.org
    Facebook: Sandy Hook Bay Catamaran Club
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.