Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Line for Prindle rudders and main  Bottom

• What's a good low stretch line for a Prindle up and down haul. The line I am using now is too thick and stretchy for sure.

What about the main? My current rope is way to stretchy there too, and pulling the rope taught noticeably makes hoisting the sail more work.
  • Kenny, call Murrays and ask them for pre-stretch, 8 plait 3/16 line for the Prindle rudders, I tried the 1/4" line and although it works fine, the 3/16 line fits/slides over the rudder sheaves so much better. I think they also have the line end-balls to help with grip when hauling the rudders up, very difficult to obtain the old-style "T" handles, although with minimal effort I'm sure if you went down to your local aluminum dealer, you could get 1/4" aluminum tubing and rig your own "T" handles. You will need 4 X 4' lengths of 3/16 line.

http://www.murrays.com/mm…_Code=C-CO&Store_Code=MS
  • PS, you can use this same line for your main halyard, but I'm not sure on the length of the halyard line, just ask the techs at Murrays.
  • I have my aluminum tube handles and balls, and for sure the current line is almost as big as the hole the downhaul passes through. I think some thinner low stretch line will be a huge upgrade over the clothes line Salty Dog sold me about five years ago.
  • Murrays has a line they call Super Downhaul, I think it's made by Robline. It's tightly woven dyneema and keeps it's round shape. It comes in 3mm. A buddy of mine swears by it on his P16.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • I use 3/16" stay-set...they last about 2-3 seasons, stretch doesn't seem to be an issue for me. I use 1/4"(stay-set) for my main halyard, it feels more comfortable to pull on than smaller lines. I could use more pricey stuff but no need.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • xls line for the downhaul
    i use 7mm robline racing sheet for my main - it is strong, soft, and doesn't absorb water

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.