Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.0 or Prindle 16  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Thanks for all the great info guys! I'm still leaning toward the 5.0, I like the idea of a boomless rig and the easy set up, being that i'll probably be solo most of the time. I think I would be thrilled to have either at this point though. Now it is just a matter of finding one in decent condition that I can afford.
  • I was on a small spoil island last summer and a newbie i knew sailed up on his P16 with 4 big adults on it. it was underwater. He told me had rudder issues (wouldn't stay down) but let me sail it.
    The issues prevented me from being able to power up and i quickly returned.

Just then a guy i know pretty well (purchased my current boat from) pulled up on his nacra5.0 and let me sail it. He is a racer and it was tuned perfectly (as far as i could tell) and within seconds i had it flying perfect.... and then just to show off a little, i flew the hull as high as possible for a few 1000' feet...

sailed like a dream ... i kinda want it

amazing boat if you can get it dialed in

zerwinThanks for all the great info guys! I'm still leaning toward the 5.0, I like the idea of a boomless rig and the easy set up, being that i'll probably be solo most of the time. I think I would be thrilled to have either at this point though. Now it is just a matter of finding one in decent condition that I can afford.
  • I found a boat! It ended up being a Prindle 16 after all, I managed to find one in perfect condition with two sets of sails (one of which are literally perfect no patchs or thin spots, although they are date at 83') and all of the rigging + a bit. The owner had just Reglassed and repainted the hulls so they look great no soft spots or anything, and a practically new tramp! Even the trailer was nice, lights need replacing but that is fine, and it had new tires which was great for the trip home. All of that for only $500. I honestly still can't believe that everything is so pristine at that price but I am not complaining at all. The first day that even hints at being warmer and I'll be on the water!
  • congrads!!! great starter boat...or keeper boat in my case. love me some 500$ boat, leaves cash for all the goodies you will want!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.