Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

New Regatta in the works  Bottom

• Wanting to start a new race for 2014 !!! It is looking like April . Venue, Juanas ... Navarre beach pier (Grand Prix start) to Juanas on Sat. and buoys on Sunday. Need input and ideas , etc.. Would like to see the usual Juanas crowd show up..

Thanks , Doug Pensacola

--
    Doug Klem
    Pensacola , Fl.
    Blade F16
    Prindle 18-2 w/spin
    Prindle 18-2 x 3
    Prindle 19 MX
    --
  • Does anyone have any input to help with keeping regattas alive ...

--
    Doug Klem
    Pensacola , Fl.
    Blade F16
    Prindle 18-2 w/spin
    Prindle 18-2 x 3
    Prindle 19 MX
    --
  • Freshen it up:
    Expand your trophies = Fastest overall, fastest boat over 25 years old (distance races), best skipper/crew over 50 or under 18
    Hold a photo race = small format round the marks so that an on the water photographer can get pics of all the boats
    Perpetual trophy for first place
    Bind the regatta to a fundraiser
    Get a struggling band to play for the exposure

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Fun is the key. It's just barely over 50/50 for me regarding the fun and atmosphere of the event as compared to the actual racing.

Mock awards could be good too - they are more inclusive and get everyone involved in the outcome. Bobber award, bull in the china shop award, etc.

--
    Jeff R
    '88 H18 "Jolly Mon"
    '10 C2 USA1193
    NE IN / SE MI
    cramsailing.com
    --
  • Don't forget the pickle boat award for the last place boat that finishes all the races. In the big boats, it is a jar of pickles, but I have in the past made smaller version of the real awards. Use your imagination and keep it fun. Maybe a how to book on sailboat racing.
  • FUN FUN FUN, seriously I go to events for FUN, if I want serious competition I go to work ( I am the youngest Director at my Hospital 37yr) Keep classes simple, and make a class for single hand boats. I have dropped out of a few events this year because I couldn't sail by myself.

Will icon_biggrin

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    Newbie but catching on fast.
    NACRA 17
    --
  • It would definitely have a single handed class.

--
    Doug Klem
    Pensacola , Fl.
    Blade F16
    Prindle 18-2 w/spin
    Prindle 18-2 x 3
    Prindle 19 MX
    --
  • I would try to come out for anything at Juanas. Rellocationg back to the Panhandle very soon. Need to get my boat out of storage and refamiliarize myself with all things related. Can't think of a better way than to jump in with a crowd. Prevailing winds in April could be pretty good.

Good Luck, keep us posted.

Bert

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.