Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Low profile jib cleats  Bottom

• Bringing an old H16 back to life. Jib cleats are the old style, worn out, and need to be replaced. I was going to use the low profile replacement, part 1075 as seen on Murray's and eBay. Now I have heard the added leverage can pull the jib track up. Not looking to create more problems. Should I just replace with old style and lose some mast rake? My current boat has the new style so this is new territory. Not a racer, just a cruiser, so I guess it doesn't matter much.
    While I am here, I think my Gcat 5.7 is balsa core deck? It has a small 8x6 area of delamination. Do the same epoxy injection methods apply? It seems like they always show the method on foam core. Thanks for all the free advice

Have a hobie 16 boom, free in the Panhandle. I like to recycle
  • jalexNow I have heard the added leverage can pull the jib track up.

Same purchase, new or old style, use the cars you like. If the tract is loose, re rivet it. It needs counter sunk rivets.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • I understand it is the same purchase. On the old style the pull force seems to stay more in the center of the track. The low profile upgrade seems to hang over the track somewhat acting like a lever to pull the track up. These cleats seem common, so I guess I am being a worry wort.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.