Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

looking for 10:1 mainsheet blocks  Bottom

• Due to aggravating my hital hernia icon_frown few weeks ago while sailing in heavy winds, I have decided to upgrade to 10:1 ratio main sheet blocks. I found set of 57mm Carbos on Murrays site but price is as steep as the ratio. Do any of you has a set in good shape and is wheeling to sell it or can you direct me where can I find it for decent price?
    Should I be concerned about using that high ratio blocks on boomless Nacra 5.0 rig? icon_confused

--
    Adam Bartos
    Nacra 5.0
    SolCat 18 (sold)
    Lake Zurich, IL
    --
  • I have some for sale, but I am not sure that they will give you the desired results. When you get that much purchase, it leads to much more sheeting in general. You will nearly require 2 hands to sheet after tacks which doesn't leave many left for steering.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • I upgraded my Viper mainsheet from 9:1 to 10:1 and didn't notice a huge difference plus there's now more sheet on the tramp. Looking back I would have stayed with what I had. 10:1 sounds like an awful lot for a 5.0, the one I had used a 7:1 I believe, don't remember what my N500 had

Edited by lakewateree on Aug 16, 2013 - 04:15 AM.

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • yes - Dont get me wrong ... this is do-able, but if you get excited and over sheet... you are risking your rig.
    QuoteShould I be concerned about using that high ratio blocks on boomless Nacra 5.0 rig?

I upgraded my 8:1's to reduce stress on my blown out shoulders by adding a dynema line through the top block and hanging a 40mm off of it. - worked fine - cost ($20?)
  • bunny trail warning........

i have a hiatal hernia, but what i think you mean is an 'inguinal hernia', of which i also suffer with from time to time. i have no opinion as to whether 10:1 blocks with help with either condition......... konfus

QuoteHiatal hernia is a condition in which part of the stomach sticks upward into the chest, through an opening in the diaphragm. The diaphragm is the sheet of muscle that separates the chest from the abdomen. It is used in breathing.

j

Edited by arch on Aug 17, 2013 - 08:46 PM.

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • @ cbacho "You will nearly require 2 hands to sheet after tacks" I'm new and learning but why would it take 2 hands to tack?
  • mackepet@ cbacho "You will nearly require 2 hands to sheet after tacks" I'm new and learning but why would it take 2 hands to tack?

Hand over hand sheeting in all the extra line
  • archbunny trail warning........

i have a hiatal hernia, but what i think you mean is an 'inguinal hernia', of which i also suffer with from time to time. i have no opinion as to whether 10:1 blocks with help with either condition......... konfus

QuoteHiatal hernia is a condition in which part of the stomach sticks upward into the chest, through an opening in the diaphragm. The diaphragm is the sheet of muscle that separates the chest from the abdomen. It is used in breathing.

jEdited by arch on Aug 17, 2013 - 08:46 PM.

It is for sure hiatal hernia. icon_frown

I think I will wait a little with block changing to see what develops.

I am still using the original Nacra 7/16" main sheet that is very soft and I think a little strechy, it tungles a lot. Do you think changing main sheet will help? What would you recommend?

--
    Adam Bartos
    Nacra 5.0
    SolCat 18 (sold)
    Lake Zurich, IL
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.