Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Having a boat shipped/towed across country  Bottom

• Does anyone have any good ideas on how to get a boat on a trailer halfway across the country? Is rail an option? Are there any social sites where people who are traveling and have capacity might list a route they are traveling and take loads or haulage?

thanks,

Chris
  • Chris,

Try Uship.com , I've used it several times to move product and equipment that I've purchased for my business. You post what you need (a picture helps) and people place competitive bids. You can accept or reject. As with anything, use caution, but I haven't had any problems so far. I also use a broker guy in Tennessee with Mi Logistic's and have been vary happy with his service and the prices he comes up with. He might have some options for you. If you PM me I can send you his email.

My only concern would be the fitness of the CAT trailer and its bearing and tires if you have not inspected. Will it make the trip if towed and not on a flat bed?

--
    Craig
    Windrider Rave Hydrofoil
    Nacra 5.2 Restored and heavily modified
    Nacra 5.2 (one under restoration)
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.8NA
    SoCal
    --
  • I've shipped 3 boats through Uship and have been quite satisfied. The last time I used them I got a cat brought to me from Minnesota to South Carolina (1300 miles) for like $600. It was well worth it as I wasn't willing to drive there and back. I had another one brought from a little over 8 hrs away for $350. I highly recommend the site. I've heard of people using craigslist as well, but you really don't have any protection there like you do on Uship.

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • Hauling a boat on a trailer can often be done in the 40-60 cents per mile. If the boat needs loading on a flatbed, your liking at more like 50-75 cents. Sites like uship.com are the only way to go. The load is so non-standard that brokers and shipping companies will Be very expensive.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Thanks guys, I'll research uShip.
  • I have a empty trailer going from Clearwater to Roanoke Va. This month. Would be willing to give a great deal if needed

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    Newbie but catching on fast.
    NACRA 17
    --
  • I ended up using uShip.com and paid $1000 for a 2000 mile haul.
  • crhollidayI ended up using uShip.com and paid $1000 for a 2000 mile haul.

What did you have shipped? Boat and trailer, with mast and equipment? Packed?

More details might help the next guy searching for info.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • DamonLinkous
    What did you have shipped? Was it a boat and trailer or just boat? Packed?

More details might help the next guy searching for info.

It hasn't shipped yet, I just went through the bidding process and selected a shipper. Nacra Infusion on a trailer. It is getting towed by a guy with a van who regularly does trips between Texas and the Pacific NW. It is scheduled to arrive on Sunday or Monday. I'll reply to this thread with an update.

Chris
  • !!!! DUDE !!!!

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • So tonight is clearly my last chance to cross the line before you...unless you have trouble figuring out one of those new fangled spinnakers.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • Very excited for you, though. Congrats!

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • Thanks Rob! icon_biggrin
  • Glad I took advantage of my opportunity. ;)

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.