Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Does anyone know if wings are available for a prindle 18-2?  Bottom

• Im thinking about purchasing a prindle 18-2 this week, I would really like to have a cat with wings for cruising the beach. I know they are available for most hobies but i cannot find anything on them as far as the prindle 18-2 goes.

If you know anything please let me know!
  • I'm surprised more boats don't offer them as an option.
  • Thats exactly what I was thinking. All I really care about is cruising, extra weight isnt of much concern to me.
  • Nacra made wings for about 2 years what work on the Prindles with very minor modifications. However good luck finding them and they are expensive when you do. I managed to get a set for about 2K a year ago and that was a decent deal.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • A catamaran with wings take you from an uncomfortable sitting position ( boat without wings) to a relaxed level that I highly recommend. icon_cool

I am sure there are many reasons why most boats don't have wings but I would rather sail with wings, especially if your bringing crew along. I do own two Hobie 16's that are fun and that trampoline feels pretty small on the 16.

Maybe I am too old and lazy for all that crawling around. And it does take longer to set up my 21SE but boy is it sweet.

Many years ago I revisited the notion that I always needed crew for my big boat the 21SE. Than I started more sailing solo and found that boat very stable and comfortable. The wind in southern Indiana is usually 10 to 15 mph on a good day and that is fine for solo sailing.

Over 15 and I need crew.... icon_eek

--
    Bill 404 21SE
    --
  • Are the Prindle crossbeams 4"? If so, then there is a good chance that the wing seats I've designed for the old Nacra's will work. Time allowing, I'll get pic's up this week. I've had over 600 pounds sitting on the prototype that I built for my 5.7, and the only worry was tipping the boat over. I plan to advertise them on this site shortly, and they will be priced about $1200.

--
    Craig
    Windrider Rave Hydrofoil
    Nacra 5.2 Restored and heavily modified
    Nacra 5.2 (one under restoration)
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.8NA
    SoCal
    --
  • The Prindle beams have a teardrop shape, not round like the older Nacras
    nacraflyerAre the Prindle crossbeams 4"? If so, then there is a good chance that the wing seats I've designed for the old Nacra's will work. Time allowing, I'll get pic's up this week. I've had over 600 pounds sitting on the prototype that I built for my 5.7, and the only worry was tipping the boat over. I plan to advertise them on this site shortly, and they will be priced about $1200.
  • HULLFLYER...Did you get my emails?

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • I saw a pair from a hobie getaway installed on a p18. works fine, and the guy installed a front tramp.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.