Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Arkabutla Sailing Sat & Sun July 20-21  Bottom

• Who will be down at the but? I'll be there both days about noon. Last week was great! Good winds and Six (6) Yes Six! beachcats out at the same time.

Damon - Hobie 18
    Mike - Hobie 17
    Steve - Hobie 17
    Tim - Hobie 16
    John - Hobie 16
    Dennis - Hobie 14

Forecast for this weekend looks good. Spread the word and lets see if we can have Ten on the beach.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • It's time to get a Dead Elvis Regatta going. Lotsa sailors within a 4hr radius of here ( Memphis/N.MS ) guys - the lake is perfect this year..winds averaging 10+ mph all day over the weekends, great sail club, BBQ, ice cold beer
    Hot showers on site, many catamarans on the lake, well up kept campsites and cheep lodging nearby . Good times!
    Tim

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • I hope to make aug 11. Out of town this weekend, picking up Nacra next, working next and on the 10th. 11th is kiddos 16th b-day, but since this was her idea maybe I can talk her into a birthday sail. Dead Elvis sounds good to me. Since I've done a total of four or five regattas 20 years ago I need some boat time and a low key event to get going again.

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • Just came off the lake.... Made it from Hernando point over to the dam and back in super time.... Winds steady at 10 with bursts at 15. I filmed it all with my GoPro cam - will post vids. Water, winds and weather have been great this year. Anyone in the area should come by!
    Tim

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    --
  • Today was a perfect example of not needing a lot of time or good weather forecast to end up with a great sailing day.

I ended up with several things to do today before I could head to the lake (1 hour drive), and by 2pm when I left the house it was raining. On the drive down I55 I ran into a really strong thunderstorm very heavy rain, the kind where people pull of the expressway and motorcycles take shelter under overpasses. Wasn't looking good at this point.

But after 15 minutes heading South the skies cleared and by the time I got to the lake at 3pm it was really nice, fluffy white clouds and a nice solid 10-15 from the South-SouthWest.

Since the boat was mostly rigged on it's trailer I was sailing by 3:30pm and for the next 2 1/2 hours managed to cover most of the lake. Since I didn't have my GPS with me here is a "mental GPS" of my travels. On the way back from the dam I covered about 5 miles on one tack!

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=103310&g2_serialNumber=3

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Plan to be on the water earlier Sunday and hopefully we will have a few more beachcats out, just three today that I know about.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • looks like you had a good day - I just worked on my boat for a little while today

--
    Lee - On the BIG Lake in MS

Harstil Kaulua 31 - Current Project Boat
    Cal 25 - What ? Time to freshen it up again??
    MC Scow 16 (1 in the water and 1 parts/project) SOLD
    Capri 22 - What do you mean you wont deliver it??
    Chrysler Pirateer 13 - new addition to the fleet
    --
  • captedteachlooks like you had a good day - I just worked on my boat for a little while today

Awesome day, now when are the daggerboard triplets going to be ready? icon_cool

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Ill trade a great H16 I sail twice a week-turnkey ready, plus cash for an H18 - I'd love to play with daggerboards!
    Quartet daggerboards !
    Tim

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    --
  • QuoteOn the way back from the dam I covered about 5 miles on one tack!

I'm damn near ready to jump on a flight to Memphis & beg, borrow, or steal a Cat. Our season has been crap. The water is 84F, the air 32C, the wind zilch. Day after day of tiny ripples. I have had only one good wind day. Last week it called for 19 clicks,(appx 11 mph). I cast off, once clearing the point it turned out to be more like 30 clicks,(18 mph). I headed for the far shore, appx 35 miles, & hung on the wire on the same tack for an hour and a half.
    Coming home, it picked up to nearly 40 clicks, gusts to 47(24-29mph). I made the trip back powered way down as I was solo on the 5.7.
    That has been the only decent wind day so far, other than yesterday when the passing cold front blew through at 70 clicks,(42mph), no way was I launching in that.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.