Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

2013 Island Hop Regatta, Ocean Springs, MS  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 [+1]:

• Damon. I'm going to go put my boat down there one morning this week before Saturday. I don't think i'll have time to sail, but MAYBE. I'm pretty excited as well. icon_eek icon_biggrin I THINK everything is dialed in as well as it can be. Do you know where on Horn island we will be sailing to?

--
    Prindle 18 aka Yellowtail. On the beautiful Mississippi gulf coast. Gautier / Independent Republic of Vancleave / Ocean Springs. Lot's to learn about these boats.
    --
  • Well tomorrow I finally put the boat in since my dismasting. I wonder what I forgot to fix. If all goes well I plan on the Horn Island Hop.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • landraider Do you know where on Horn island we will be sailing to?

They usually include the lat/long coordinates in the sailing instructions, so if you have a gps you can program it in. Otherwise just follow the crowd, if you find yourself in the lead, just fake it.

golfdad75Well tomorrow I finally put the boat in since my dismasting. I wonder what I forgot to fix. If all goes well I plan on the Horn Island Hop.

See you there!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • landraiderDo you know where on Horn island we will be sailing to?

Usually near the west end....roughly 180 deg. from the club.

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • The 2009 finish
    N30 14.624 W88 45.430

2011 finish
    N30 14.780 W88 43.995

Edited by nacra55 on Jul 02, 2013 - 02:20 PM.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Thanks Ron. I'm all staged up on the beach. Praying for good weather!

--
    Prindle 18 aka Yellowtail. On the beautiful Mississippi gulf coast. Gautier / Independent Republic of Vancleave / Ocean Springs. Lot's to learn about these boats.
    --
  • **** I'm ordering the chicken first thing in the morning...

that means... PLEASE register so we know how much to order !! *****

Shirts, Awards, and Sailing Instructions are waiting for you at the club!

Sheet In & Hike OUT! -Rob
  • Rob.. Hate that you're gonna miss out. Hope to see you back at shore though.

--
    --
  • Thunderstorms with 80% chance of rain forecasted... Has the race ever been canceled, or postponed? Rain I'm fine with... Lightning, and waterspouts, not so much. icon_eek

--
    --
  • Never postponed. Canceled the year of the oil spill. If the weather is bad, they could change the course or not sail at all. You have to show up and see what happens.

If your boat is on the beach, hope it's tied down.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Yep. Tied down. I'll swing by there tonight on my way home from work, and make sure it is snug.

--
    --
  • landraiderThunderstorms with 80% chance of rain forecasted... Has the race ever been canceled, or postponed? Rain I'm fine with... Lightning, and waterspouts, not so much. icon_eek

Never look at forecasts before a regatta. But if you want an upaded weather prediction here's mine, clear skies, winds 12-16 from the south.

I have just as much chance of being right as any weatherman.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Just stopped by on my way home from work... All the boats including mine look fine. It's a HEVTY wind blowing out of the southeast right now. There was sand blown up on my tramp... icon_biggrin

--
    --
  • DamonLinkous
    landraiderThunderstorms with 80% chance of rain forecasted... Has the race ever been canceled, or postponed? Rain I'm fine with... Lightning, and waterspouts, not so much. icon_eek

Never look at forecasts before a regatta. But if you want an upaded weather prediction here's mine, clear skies, winds 12-16 from the south.

Wishfull thinking..... We're still coming, radar shows rain moving in now. I could leave the boat at home, that may change the forecast for you, but I doubt it.

Note.... bring wet weather gear.

The circus is at the Coast Coliseum. http://www.mscoastcoliseu…ts/event_rbbbcircus.html

What else is going on on the Coast?

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Well.... there's chicken, beverages, t-shirts and war stories either way.... and I'm SURE there will be some sailing on Saturday, and probably Sunday too....

May do a steeplechase close to land on Sat... have to see in the morning... but an offshore run may not be the smartest thing to do... that said, there's lots of things near shore to sail by, and past, and still be within 10 minutes of land...

Show up for BREAKFAST at 9am, and see how things look to pan out...

DAMON, is hard core in the 18 foot non-spin fleet.. check him buffing and polishing those newly faired boards! This man is NO JOKE !!

http://www.osyc.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=48882&g2_serialNumber=1

cheers,
    Rob

Edited by robpatt on Jul 05, 2013 - 07:34 PM.
  • So what is the count on this regatta - 35 years??

--
    Lee - On the BIG Lake in MS

Harstil Kaulua 31 - Current Project Boat
    Cal 25 - What ? Time to freshen it up again??
    MC Scow 16 (1 in the water and 1 parts/project) SOLD
    Capri 22 - What do you mean you wont deliver it??
    Chrysler Pirateer 13 - new addition to the fleet
    --
  • this is 38 ! The average age of the sailors is still north of this... icon_smile
  • robpatt
    DAMON, is hard core in the 18 foot non-spin fleet.. check him buffing and polishing those newly faired boards! This man is NO JOKE !!

http://www.osyc.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=48882&g2_serialNumber=1

Ha, hard to tell from that picture but I wouldn't have even needed the water hose to wet sand the board since the rain was pounding down.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • DamonLinkous
    landraiderThunderstorms with 80% chance of rain forecasted... Has the race ever been canceled, or postponed? Rain I'm fine with... Lightning, and waterspouts, not so much. icon_eek

OK, my prediction was a little off, just like every weatherman ever. icon_biggrin

I still stand by not looking at forecasts to decide whether to come to a regatta. If the weather doesn't cooperate for actual racing there is always bench racing and getting to know your fellow catamaran sailors.

Tomorrow is another day.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.