Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra daggerboard width differences?  Bottom

• hi,
    does anyone have any knowledge of Nacra making different widths for their daggerboards, or changing the design width at some point? i'm talking about cats older than 1992, or thereabouts.
    thanks!
    j

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • If you don't get a reply here, do a search on the catsailor open forum, seems like I remember this being discussed.
  • The 5.5's and 5.2 have the same board and the 5.8 and 6.0 have the same board. They did change the handle from rope to a cut out mid to late 90's but no other changes that I know of.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • dave, i found this on catsailor. thanks.
    http://www.catsailor.com/…bb=showflat&Number=33882
    they don't say if there was ever a manufacturing difference in the boards.

ron,
    would the differences between the 5.5/5.2 boards and the 5.8/6.0 boards have more to do with length and width than thickness? or if something gets shorter should it also get thinner (or thicker?) to maintain lift?

my brain is starting to hurt... icon_frown
    j

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • The 5.8/6.0 boards are much longer, a little thicker and much wider and will not fit the 5.2/5.5 trunk.

I had three pair of boards for my 5.5, trashed my original boards several times, submerged RR track, and several oyster reefs. Bought a used set that were not matched one very thin and one thick, 1 pound difference had to sand down the thick board to fit the trunk and the thin board wobbled in the trunk. Bought a third used pair that had the cutout handles and were very matched.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.