Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Polyurethane paint simple question ...  Bottom

• Hi, I was applying polyurethane paint, Brightside Interlux, today on my centerboard, out in the sun (it was like 35-40 degree celsius) because I saw on the bottle that it dried faster in a warm environment.

Anyhow, my father told me it was bad to paint under the sun, is this true ? The job I did seems pretty nice. But I was wondering if it would of been even nicer in the shade ?

--
    Proud owner of a Mystère 6.0
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    --
  • ~~ I've painted many cats using the same paint. I don't think I've ever painted in the sun icon_rolleyes ... Ya really shouldn't be in a hurry, the paint will dry when it wants to... sun or shade !!! What did the can say??? Best thing to do is paint & walk away, let it DRY. It could be dry on the surface, wet under it and you could smudge it then you'll cuss & swear.... and do it all over again. icon_eek

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • I wouldn't worry about it. The only thing the sun/heat is going to do is make the paint kick quicker. I did industrial sandblasting and painting for a number of years and our rule in the summer with the 2 part polyurethanes and epoxy paints was to keep the paints out of the sun before using and to mix in the shade. Once mixed go go go. We reversed this in the winter, leave them in the sun before using. In South Carolina in July/August it's freakin hot too!

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.