Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 18 sails on G-cat 5.7  Bottom

• I heard that a prindle 18 main is a good match for a G-cat 5.7. Can anyone confirm this. It would be nice since there are plenty of prindle 18s out there and not many G-Cats. Thanks a bunch.
  • http://thebeachcats.com/pictures/?g2_itemId=102414 The picture shows a G-Cat 5.7 with a Prindle Sail. I helmed that boat that day and was a fine ride - never drove it with a G-Cat sail. Havlii, I am sure can give you the low down as he rigged that sail on that boat.
  • Yup, although you'll lose the boomless part.

--
    Hobie 16
    Hobie 18
    G-Cat 5.7
    --
  • Jalex, the P18 main is a dead match for the G-cat 5.7 main. I laid the P-18 sail on top of the G-cat sail and the cut is identical. The G-Cat jib is a bit bigger because it tacks down on the forward cross beam.

QuoteYup, although you'll lose the boomless part.

The above quote is also true, you could try the P-18 main without the boom but you might tear the clew out of the sail. I had a spare boom so I didn't risk that. The boat was a tad faster with the heavy weight, crispy Smythe racing sails. Either way the 5.7 is a great ride!!

--
    'life is too short to drink cheap beer'
    --
  • I'm selling a beautiful set of orange p18 sails on our classifieds as well as ebay if you need.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.