Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Downhaul attachment to sail on Nacra 5.8NA  Bottom

• Hey Guys, another question for the 5.8NA. can i use something like this for attaching the downhaul to the sail?

http://www.murrays.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MS&Product_Code=56-9651&Category_Code=

This would allow me to leave the downhaul threaded through all the blocks and I can bungee the "u"-hooks to the mast when the sail is down/off and have a really quick connection for the downhaul when it is up. I have the factory downhaul set up that can be adjusted from both sides of the mast (7 to 1?).

I have a "bad" launching scenario where I cannot put the main up until I am clear of the launch ramp and associated docks (no beach near either). So the quicker I can rig the main on the water the better. Went out solo today and was OK, but getting the halyard ring on the masthead hook took longer than expected and I drifted for longer than I wanted. so anything to speed up raising/rigging the main is what Im looking for.

Again,
    Thanks in advance for any answers/advice

Cheers!
    Patrick

--
    -PG
    '95 Nacra 5.8NA , rule#2
    --
  • Yes, that's what I use on my F18.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • You need the Aussie halyard ring if you're having trouble hooking & unhooking ($25). Pete
  • Awesome, U-hooks it is!
    I think I do have the Aussie halyard ring set up (unless the diameter of the Aussie one is larger, which might make it easier), just couldn't get pointed dead into the wind floating around while raising, so mast rotation was a fight doing it solo on the water.
    Thanks Again! prost

--
    -PG
    '95 Nacra 5.8NA , rule#2
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.