Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Is everybody ready for sailing?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Was surprised by the response to this post when I started it at the end of April. Got the 5.7 in it's slip on Hobie Beach Memorial day weekend and that Saturday had one heck of a sail....just wish I would have remembered my GPS as Kent Deor and I were double trapped in 30+ gusts. Had to be hitting 18-20 mph....hulls stuffed to the crossbars...the whole bit. Awesome!! Been working on my '87 Hobie 16 the last few days. Read an article in Beachcats on "How to epoxy the Hobie 16 catamaran Frame for Better Performance". So I stripped her down to the last piece. Got some West System epoxy and hardener, some aerosil thickening agent, a bunch of 3/16 x 1/2 pull stainless rivets from Fastenall and put her back together this afternoon. There must be something to this as we have a guy in our division that will trade 16's every couple years and the first thing he does after delivery is strip the new boat down and epoxy the frame! Took some effort but right now the epoxy is setting up ....the frame is level and squarehttp://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=102558&g2_serialNumber=3Hope to get her out on the lake this weekend and will let you know if all that work makes a difference.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.