Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Solcat 18 Jib Sheet line ?  Bottom

• What line goes through the center line beam (pipe), and is hooking into a block and tackle system in side the pipe? Is it he jib sheet line?

Fixing up two old solcats, don't have much catamaran knowledge (got boats at a good price, needed a project)
  • Can you add a photo of the setup, i have a solcat and don't have anything that sounds like that.

Send me a PM and I will help you in any way I can.

--
    Jeff O
    N5.0
    solcat 18(sold),
    N5.2,
    H16
    Camarillo CA
    --
  • yogieWhat line goes through the center line beam (pipe), and is hooking into a block and tackle system in side the pipe? Is it he jib sheet line?

Fixing up two old solcats, don't have much catamaran knowledge (got boats at a good price, needed a project)

"center line beam (pipe)" - the only part that resembles the pipe that I can think of is center bar connecting front with rear cross bars. icon_confused
    Can you be more descriptive or include pictures?

--
    Adam Bartos
    Nacra 5.0
    SolCat 18 (sold)
    Lake Zurich, IL
    --
  • QuoteWhat line goes through the center line beam (pipe), and is hooking into a block and tackle system in side the pipe? Is it he jib sheet line?

Yogie, Are you you referring to one of the two cross members that joins the hulls, or are you describing the connecting bar that runs under the tramp? If its the forward cross member that supports the mast, it could be a trapeze line system or possibly your jib sheet setup. My Solcat has a track and block setup mounted to the top of the forward cross bar, but I don't know if all Solcats are the same. As previously suggested, post a picture and you'll get an informed response more quickly.

Here's how to create your own photo albums and post pictures in the forum.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…ms/pictures-in-forum-faq

Edited by solsailer18 on Apr 25, 2013 - 09:05 PM.

--
    Jeremy Hales
    1974 SOLCAT 18
    Salem, OR
    --
  • I had a solcat with i believe the same hole you are referring to. I never used it, but i think a bungee went through the hole to hold the trapeeze line. My other Sol Cat had the bungees running through grommets in the tramp, under the tramp, then up through the other side. Then it had little eye bolts that the trap line clipped to.

--
    70's 18' Sol Cat "Venora"
    70's 18' Sol Cat "Bumblebee"
    60's 14' Sailstar Tallstar sloop "Arandora"

Heber City, UT
    --
  • I've been contemplating re-routing the jib traveler lines to run inside the front crossbeam, but that doesn't sound like what you're talking about.

Pics?
  • keep it simple, a track and blocks on top of the front beam is standard and uncomplicated. i changed the double line to the jib to a larger single line. it works fine.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.