Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

anyone camp off the coast of Mississippi?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• shipchips1Rob,

Will you guys let me race in the long distance races with the SX mast, wings and a non standard tramp?

In the interest of full disclosure....Unless there is a separate fleet (where class legality is more of an issue) for the H18s, you'd be racing in an open fleet under the Portsmouth handicap system:

http://offshore.ussailing.org/Portsmouth_Yardstick/Current_Tables.htm

Thus, you can race what you want, but it is your responsibility to register with the correct Portsmouth Number, modified if necessary to account for non-legal equipment, weight, etc. For Hobie 18 SX (H18SX), D-PN 71.3....that accounts for the wings and mast (standard on SX), correct? Technically, you are probably supposed to take a knock (OTHER=0.995?) for the non-Hobie tramp.

Now back to reality......1. If the Portsmouth junk gives you a headache, ask the Fleet Captain to figure your number for you....his contract requires him to honor any request (no matter how trivial) of a visiting yachtnman. 2. Rob won't protest you or confiscate your illegal tramp so long as he beats you, so you may have to let him win.

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • rattlenhum1. If the Portsmouth junk gives you a headache, ask the Fleet Captain to figure your number for you....his contract requires him to honor any request (no matter how trivial) of a visiting yachtnman.

Ohhhhh Fleet Captain....... I've got a request.............. icon_lol

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • again, now worries... I don't usually sail class legal either, cause I want to keep my "marginal" condition class hobie sails as good as possible for the rare occasion we do host a legit hobie event...

that said, man, I take all kinds of ratings hits/adjustments...
    - I'm under minimum weight with crew, so that's a hit
    - my mainsail is not class legal (but not more than 5% over.. so that's a hit
    - and when I put the spin on... of course I take a hit for that...

I take the adjustments so that "IF" I happen to beat someone, they can't come back and say it's cuz I didn't take the appropriate ratings adjustments...

They're easy to calculate and apply, and keep everything fair... and we're happy to do it for you... and swappign out tramps doesn't make the boat faster... you'd just rate as a stock H18SX... 71.3, whereas the basic starting number for a normal H18 is 71.4.. before any adjustment...

bottom line... don't worry, we like to take 'er easy...
  • Sounds great, sending off the OSYC app this week, I will bring the kids out for a family night or maybe some sailing next week. I am still grounded for a few more months so the boat stays home, Doctors orders. But can't wait to meet you guys. Thank you for all the help.

Thanks
    Jim

--
    Jim
    New Orleans

'83 H18 SX mods 2013 -
    '65 Lavey Craft 2005 -
    '69 Cal 25 1997 - 2001
    '80 P16 1980 - 1996
    --
  • cool.... I might be heading your way tomorrow in fact to try and pickup this hobie 14 mast:

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/boa/3745188420.html

if the guy e-mails me back... I need his area code, could be anything?
  • robpattcool.... I might be heading your way tomorrow in fact to try and pickup this hobie 14 mast:

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/boa/3745188420.html

if the guy e-mails me back... I need his area code, could be anything?

Only NO area code that matches that phone number is 504
  • Should be 504 for NO, 985 is the rest of the state.

--
    Jim
    New Orleans

'83 H18 SX mods 2013 -
    '65 Lavey Craft 2005 -
    '69 Cal 25 1997 - 2001
    '80 P16 1980 - 1996
    --
  • thanks... mast turned to to be BENT and hulls were shot... great NOLA sailor who came to the 1699 regatta took a look at it for us....

oh, Jim... I shot you a reply note, check your beachcats message... cheers, -Rob.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.