Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.5 Uni?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• rehmboYeah - you're right on the F16s. A bit early in the cycle for them. You can check for a Blade - one of the earlier F16s. I only found one listed at the moment.

I know there are more out there. If you're truly interested , I know of a few people you can check with. I got a very nice deal on my C2 and it was never advertised.

Where is the Blade F16 that is for sale? Jeff, I would really appreciate your help if you know of any budget F16s for sale.

--
    -Zach
    --
  • There 's one listed last November here - asking 10k, seems high, but if its been on the market for a while, they might be motivated to sell for less. Of course there are F18's out there (Tigers, etc) for less as well.

Not sure if your thinking single or double handed. If single, another option might be the F17.

I'll put out a few feelers to see if something pops up.

--
    Jeff R
    '88 H18 "Jolly Mon"
    '10 C2 USA1193
    NE IN / SE MI
    cramsailing.com
    --
  • I'm wanting something that will sail well both single and double handed. I probably sail solo 40% of the time and with a crew 60% of the time.

F16s are great because you can sail uni or sloop rigged and they are very light weight- making it easy to move the boat single-handed up those Florida beach dunes. I like the Nacra 5.5 because it can be sailed 1 up or 2 up. The downside is the "odd duck" status.

--
    -Zach
    --
  • Zach, Have you inquired about the FX-One that is listed on the Hobie Classifieds Forum? This boat would seem to meet all of your requirements. I remember seeing another nice FX-One listed somewhere in New Jersey a few months ago.

Listing in Raleigh, NC (I have no affiliation with the owner): http://www.hobiecat.com/f…iewtopic.php?f=7&t=46639

And some quality FX-One YouTube Videos here: https://www.youtube.com/r….0.0...1ac.1.snNta7aVEyU
  • What about this one?:
    2005 Hobie 16

Looks like a great deal. I could pick it up on my way down to Florida this summer. Thoughts on this purchase?

Are there any specific changes to rigging in the 2005 model from the current models that are significant?

I like the idea of sticking with an H16 at this point because at this point in my life I need a durable boat that I can beach hop without worrying about breaking anything or wearing out expensive parts.

--
    -Zach
    --
  • PurdueZachWhat about this one?:
    2005 Hobie 16

Do the sails look worn out? I see all wrinkles and wonder what condition these are in. 8 years old is still quite a bit for a set of sails but they are much better than my 31 year old sails....

Also, do the 2005 boats come stock with 6:1 downhaul and aussie jib halyard?

Edited by PurdueZach on Apr 30, 2013 - 01:31 PM.

--
    -Zach
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.