Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Ebay Trampolines  Bottom

• Been a while,hope everyone's doing well and spring's got me looking for a new tramp for the H16.
    Can anyone give me any feedback on tampa cats product quality.They've got the black mesh style at a pretty good price and the price is only gonna be going up with the outdoor temps.
    The yellow "nylon?" style,like it's got now, are also available for nearly twice the cost,but the black mesh I put on the H14 several years ago has held up well and I actually prefer them.
  • I had a custom tramp made by them a couple of years ago for my Nacra 5.2. It was basically a modified H-16 tramp that was cut down to fit the 5.2. It was very well made and looked great. They shipped it quickly too.
    I highly recommend them.

--
    Rob V.
    Panama City, FL
    --
  • this guy was great and I just ordered a tramp from him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vinyl-trampoline-for-Hobie-Cat-16-blue-/360434262172?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item53eb8e609c&vxp=mtr

he makes both mesh and vinyl tramps. I got the vinyl 3 piece white with white foot straps (sown in) looks sick. I made the decision to have the non adjustable straps to save $100 from slo which is another manufacturer on ebay. The other bonus from this guy is that the tramps come with 2 halyard pockets :)

--
    Ed Lavin
    Time on the water doesn't count on the clock of life
    --
  • from the order, the tramp was up to me in NYC That week

--
    Ed Lavin
    Time on the water doesn't count on the clock of life
    --
  • I recommend that whatever you buy, make sure it has halyard pockets. Things can get messy quickly on a small tramp once you start adding crew and other accoutrement. Pockets are a simple addition that most will find invaluable. Most makers will add them to your order for a small fee if they don't come standard. Some will even do zippered pockets of various sizes made from the same tramp material so they don't hold water, useful for little stuff that has to be packed away otherwise. As for Tampa's product quality, if you read through several of the threads on this site, there are quite a few sailors happy with their product.

--
    Jeremy Hales
    1974 SOLCAT 18
    Salem, OR
    --
  • Give this guy a call. He is local here in Utah but sells on eBay under Salt Lake Sails.

http://www.ksl.com/index.…&lpid=2&search=&ad_cid=5

Edited by Quarath on Mar 19, 2013 - 08:01 PM.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • solsailer18...on a small tramp once you start adding crew and other accoutrement.

My spousal unit/crew takes offense at being called "accoutrement."

And whom are you calling a small tramp, anyway?
    icon_cool

Edited by klozhald on Mar 22, 2013 - 03:56 PM.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • No offense intended, lol! I guess I just assumed that most sailors preferred a smaller tramp. icon_wink Being new to cat sailing, maybe I'll find that my tastes shift to big messy tramps.... With accoutrement everywhere.

--
    Jeremy Hales
    1974 SOLCAT 18
    Salem, OR
    --
  • SAYLR...I ordered a tramp for my P-19 from SLO Sails & Canvas last summer, the blue bias cut. They have black also. They sell on Ebay but I ordered mine from them directly. I'm very satisfied with the quality/fit. Good price compared with some of the other tramp companies.

http://www.slosailandcanvas.com/servlet/StoreFront
  • solsailer18I recommend that whatever you buy, make sure it has halyard pockets......and other accoutrement. icon_biggrin

Argggh....I wish I'd thought of that.I't got an old tramp bag came with when I bought it but it's about beat.Thinking I may go with a slightly larger replacement.You are correct though,kind sir,my 14's tramp has pockets and they are great.The only thing I would've changed is perhaps being placed closer to centerline.
    Probably gonna go with a slightly larger bag on this one,for water bottles,snacks,camera.....and other accoutrements icon_wink

Edited by saylr on Mar 26, 2013 - 06:55 PM.
  • accoutrements

1. personal clothing, accessories, etc.
    2. the equipment, excluding weapons and clothing, of a soldier.

We soldier on in out determination to master the wind using nothing other than dual-hull vehicles constructed of flimsy fiberglass with which we jeopardize our lives in our need for speed........ rofl2
  • MorrisCovinSAYLR...I ordered a tramp for my P-19 from SLO Sails & Canvas

SAYLR, SLO has an option to have two pockets- one is a larger zippered one that will hold a six pack, food or tools.
    stuffed full it is about 4 inches high and 16" long.
    Really nice.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Got the Large pocket installed on my SLO trampoline. http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=101424&g2_serialNumber=4
    Looking forward to stuffing it full of adult beverage...

Edited by solsailer18 on Mar 27, 2013 - 05:38 PM.

--
    Jeremy Hales
    1974 SOLCAT 18
    Salem, OR
    --
  • Solsailor18Looking forward to stuffing it full of adult beverage...

Nice.
    Party on Jeremy's Solcat!!!

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • I gave up the adult beverages six years back,but you would not believe the parents asking if I mind taking their cellphone or camera along to take pictures of Lil Johnny on the wire.The answer's always the same.Been there,done that.It didn't go well.
    I live in a little community on the sound where tourists are common.I can safely say in the 5 years I've had Hobies,I've taken over 200 kids on their first cat ride.It's one of my favorite reasons for sailing.
    Every time the windward hull begins to rise,so does the pitch of their voice.Maybe 10% get scared and want to turn back,but the rest are like "faster,mista dave,faster!" It's really good stuff,and I love being the one making it happen.
  • That's good stuff Dave!

I'll never forget my first time on a catamaran, courtesy of someone like yourself, who saw a skinny freckled redheaded kid staring at his Hobie 16 with wonder. I didn't even ask, he just strode up behind me and asked if my parents were around. I turned and pointed at my mom and he walked over and talked to her briefly then came back and told me to hop on. An hour on the wire and 110 questions later he brought me back to shore with a new appreciation for the sport of sailing. It was nothing like sailing my dads Catalina 22, and nothing else has ever quite compared.

Thanks for being a great ambassador for the sport. The Pacific Northwest has very little beach cat presence, so I hope to do the same in my area someday, with this cat, or hopefully another.

--
    Jeremy Hales
    1974 SOLCAT 18
    Salem, OR
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.