Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

PROUD NEW OWNER OF A P-19  Bottom

• Well after a long search for the right boat I finally found it. We drove down to Burlington Vermont from Toronto last week end and brought home a gem !
    The sellers were great and advertised honestley so there were no suprises after an 8 hour drive. The boat is in great shape as are all the sails and a ton of spares to boot.
    So I,m sure I will be asking lots of questions and I know this is the place to get answers !
  • The P-19 is a great boat, I am sure you will enjoy it.
  • Where are you going to keep/sail it? We have a couple of Nacra's up in Orillia that we sail on L Simcoe. There is an H17 on Grape Is, & another fellow on Shannon bay with a Hobie.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • congrats on a great boat! Does it have a bright orange and pink main? Raced with one like that on Lake champlain. Beautiful boat!

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • I will be keeping it at the cottage in Parry Sound, and yes it is the one with the BRIGHT orange and pink main ! That main needs a little work as it has alittle delam on the bottom panal so hopefully our local loft can sweeten it up ?
  • Pick up a wetsuit, Crappy Tire usually has them on sale for $40. They are not super quality, but do the job, as you know, Georgian Bay can be a bit chilly during the shoulder seasons. I've only been in Killbear, but it looks like the Bay has some great Cat sailing. It helps to scout out some beaches that have shallow water at the edge. It won't be fun to attempt beaching your Cat in a stiff wind, onto Canadian Shield that drops into 30' of water within 2' of the shore!
    Sobstad sail in Barrie can fix your main. The gal in the sail loft is pretty good, & the owner, John Osborne won a gold medal

sailing Tornado's

in the Olympics

So he knows a bit about Cats.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • THANKS, i have a shorty for skiing figured I would use that. Just got a harness yesterday from Fogh and I,m looking for a spare bucket for crew somtjing cheap and cheerful !
    We are actually not on GB we are 16 miles north east on Lake Manitouwobing but still the same deal.....no sand just good old Canadian Shield !
    I have designed a system for a floating dock that will sit off my dock and allow me to run right up on rollers and then platau level without getting off to pull the boat up.

So we shall see. I am taking a few sails in next week to our sail loft here in TO to see if they can clean up the delam on the main and check out the spin for any little tears.

Thanks

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.