Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

San Diego Sailing  Bottom

• Hey guys,
    I'm trying to plan a winter sailing trip from NorCal. My current thought is to go down to San Diego for 4-5 days in the hopes of a little warmer weather. I'd like to be able to get out into the ocean and I think I have a place to stay near the airport. Does anyone know of good places to keep a boat mast up for a couple days in San Diego bay? Any great places to launch from?

Thanks,
    Eric
    SC20, H18M
  • Talk with Fast Lane Sailing in San Diego. They have a launch ramp, but they will know where mast up storage will be in the Mission area. Not sure there is much if any in the South San Diego Bay area. You might try some of the catamaran groups on Facebook, if you do FB.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Ron at Fast lane is a great resource. There is an active cat fleet at the local yacht club in Mission Bay...sorry no numbers. There is also Campland on the Bay that has dry mast up storge on a monthly basis... but a beach to launch from. I had my boat there for a year... a pain to tack out to sea but nice to keep. I would call Ron or Toni down at the marina there and see if you get a rate for a couple of days to just keep it on the beach.
    Good hunting.
    JJ
    Nacra 6.0NA
  • The best place to sail in San Diego is the south bay. Launch at Chula Vista Marina. South Bay usually has good wind coming off the Cays. Gets lighter as you get to bridge. Pull boat out on trailer & drive around to RV park area where you can park on the street (you´ll see Ray´s Nacra 5.8 parked there with mast up). There are no wires on the 6 block drive around. Pete

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.