Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Blue versus Black Tramp Fabric?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• i sent SLO a tramp, they never returned it, nor returned my calls.
    GO ELSEWHERE

just found another post about them as well

"Recieved new Sails

I did get my new sails. However I was disappointed in that they promised me them by a certain date and didn't deliver. Not only that, but they stopped answering my emails asking for a new delivery date and also did not return my phone calls."

http://sailingforums.com/threads/experience-with-slo-sails.25777/

Edited by MN3 on Jan 07, 2013 - 09:05 AM.
  • Just to clarify, I was not reccomending SLO, I was just using their quote to give an idea of the cost. I have corresponded with them via email but i have not purchased anything from them so I have no personal experience with their work. I decided not to restich my old tramp and have elected to spend the extra money and go with Sunrise for my new one.

--
    Steve - Texas Gulf Coast

91 Mystere 5.0 (sold)
    04 Nacra 570 (sold)
    08 Hobie Wave
    00 Taipan 4.9
    --
  • Sunrise makes a quality product. I have a SLO trampoline on my SOLCAT that I thought was really nice until I saw a new Sunrise on a friends cat. Attention to detail and little things like the vinyl coating of the bolt roping so it won't be abraded overtime when mounted in the cross bars and side rails. That's the stuff that makes the difference in the long run. You'll be happy with your purchase, I'm sure.

I'm assuming you went with Black then since they don't make blue ones anymore, or did they have one in stock?

--
    Jeremy Hales
    1974 SOLCAT 18
    Salem, OR
    --
  • They do still have the blue material but.... They told me that the blue and black fabric is the same except that the black fabric contains carbon black coloring which blocks more of the UV rays. They said the blue tramps will fade quicker and fail a little sooner than the black tramps in areas with high UV exposure. Due to this I will go with the black for durability. The next issue is that their standard tramp for my N570 is not exactly the same as my stock tramp. The stock tramp is one piece, not bias cut, pipe sleave in aft, and grommets/lacing on length of one side to tighten side to side. Their standard replacement differs in that it is bias cut (better) and it does not have the grommets/lacing on side. He said the bias cut would tighten fine from the aft pipe sleave only with out the side lacing but I am concerned that if it doesn't I will have a droopy tramp. I think I will ask what it would cost for them to add the side grommets/lacing. Does anyone have any experience with single piece bias tramps without the side lacing for side to side tightening? Trying to determine if I need to insist on it or not?

--
    Steve - Texas Gulf Coast

91 Mystere 5.0 (sold)
    04 Nacra 570 (sold)
    08 Hobie Wave
    00 Taipan 4.9
    --
  • fun2themax He said the bias cut would tighten fine from the aft pipe sleave only with out the side lacing but . . .

Steve,
    You should listen to the voice of a professional with experience.

For your desire to seek the experience of others, I have owned several bias cut Sunrise tramps. Rest assured that the more you tighten it, the tighter the tramp will become. It works as good, if not better than side lace tramps. It's just the way a bias cut works. But if you insist on adding a side lacing, you have defeated the very reason for getting the bias cut. Make sense??

--
    Philip
    --
  • +1
    QuoteI have owned several bias cut Sunrise tramps. Rest assured that the more you tighten it, the tighter the tramp will become. It works as good,
  • Thanks Philip and Andrew. Yes it does make sense. Sounds like I need to quit thinking about it and just trust the technogy!

--
    Steve - Texas Gulf Coast

91 Mystere 5.0 (sold)
    04 Nacra 570 (sold)
    08 Hobie Wave
    00 Taipan 4.9
    --
  • fun2themaxThe estimate for restiching my 570 tramp from SLO was $50 - $80 depending on complexity and not including the shipping cost.

Thanks Steve
    After I pulled my old tramp and farther inspection I have decided to go with the new one.

Can you guys give my Sunrise's phone number or web site?

--
    Adam Bartos
    Nacra 5.0
    SolCat 18 (sold)
    Lake Zurich, IL
    --
  • Well, I changed my mind at the last minute. When I called to order the tramp from Sunrise I talked a little more with Richard about the pro's and con's of blue versus black fabric. According to Richard, the black fabric will last longer before failure than the blue material under high UV exposure because the carbon black blocks some of the UV rays. But, because it contains carbon black at some point well ahead of failure the carbon black will start rubbing off of the material onto your knees etc (not an issue with the blue). Not a material failure issue but a bit annoying. This is happening with my current tramp which is why I am replacing it instead of restiching it. So, I decided to go with the blue fabric, bias cut design, and teflon thread and I will be storing it in the shade under a car port. They estimated a few weeks to get it out but they ended up shipping it 8 days after I ordered it. Richard was very knowledgable and helpful and I've been very pleased with Sunrise throughout the entire process. Should be arriving soon!!

--
    Steve - Texas Gulf Coast

91 Mystere 5.0 (sold)
    04 Nacra 570 (sold)
    08 Hobie Wave
    00 Taipan 4.9
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.