Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Wetsuit or kayak splash pants for cold weather sailing  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Pool tested last night at my friend's house who owns the gore-tex version.
    Results: I walked in 4.5' of cold pool water. stayed 100% dry (only a brief submersion and walk around the pool). i felt the cold on my bare legs and where the water pooled (there is a flap to marry the bib to a dry top) it felt wet, but wasn't at all.

my friend told me i need wicking socks and some type of under-long-pants to stay warm if in the water.. I knew this but that point was driven home last night in the 55* pool water

http://www.kokatat.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/330x363/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/t/w/twb-tropos-whirlpool-bib-small_2.jpg
    MN3i just ordered a kokatat whirlpool bib with socks (Tropos not gortex ) that should keep me 95-98%% dry -$250
    my buddy has the gortex version...
  • i just re-read this.
    sounds great. can you show me a link, or name a brand, or other so i can see an example of this?

Edchris177
    QuoteNo one has mentioned fleece but i have learned (the heard way) ... that they become extremely heavy after a capsize

Andrew, that is very fabric specific. Some of the "thicker" liners that we wear under shells for spring skiing absorb almost no water. When pulled out of the washing machine they are practically dry, they weigh almost the same as off the shelf.
    I have fallen off my dock wearing them, & they nearly drop the water as you come out. When in the water they are cumbersome to swim in, but they are neutral buoyant, if thrown overboard they will sit just at the surface, not floating like a chunk of foam, but not sinking either.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.