Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

how do you get graphics off a painted hull?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Klozhald is right with the goo gone. Great stuff. But It wont be as fast or as spectacular as a small strategically placed thermonuclear device. A industrial blow dryer device will work well also. I am opposed to razors as they tend to get the gelcoat eventually. Acetone for clean up is good too after you clear the gunk off. You want a bit more then $50 thats for sure. Depending on the boat age you may have a permanent raised area were the surrounding gelcoat has worn away. I had that happen when we regelcoated my Nacra 5.7. ps Acme Nuclear Products may have the correct device for blowing off the stencils. Good Luck

Edited by JennaMeyer on Dec 06, 2012 - 10:57 AM.

--
    2007 Nacra F18 Infusion
    www.fleet250.org
    Facebook: Sandy Hook Bay Catamaran Club
    --
  • I live in a perpetual state of confusion.
    That said, I don't understand why we keep talking about removing (what I and others originally thought was) vinyl lettering when his 11-27 post indicates the lettering is painted?
    Is this painted or vinyl?

--
    Mooched Beachcats in the past
    Time to try ownership with Nacra 5.7
    Port Clinton, Lake Erie Islands, Ohio
    --
  • scotts1wI live in a perpetual state of confusion.
    That said, I don't understand why we keep talking about removing (what I and others originally thought was) vinyl lettering when his 11-27 post indicates the lettering is painted?

Either way the thermo nuclear device will get the job done, no worries. If its paint that comes off with the prep sanding if you are going to gelocoat. Oscillating random sanders work well. Nice 5.7 by the way. I loved mine and hated to sell it. Paint removal without gelcoat is going to be very visable. Just my humble opinion.

--
    2007 Nacra F18 Infusion
    www.fleet250.org
    --
  • scotts1wI live in a perpetual state of confusion.

the letters are vinyl the hulls are painted, im using go gone and it works.

sorry for the confusion, somewone asked if the hulls are painted for sure, thats why i said it painted

Edited by optikid on Dec 06, 2012 - 07:10 PM.

--
    Angelo
    1983 Hobie 16 Cat fever #55697
    2008 laser 4.7/radial #190471
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --
  • Ok! Well that's settled.
    Now I'm just in my regular state of confusion.
    Good luck on the project.
    Very nice cat yourself Jenna. Where do you sail her? And why are you so excited about blowing things up with the nuclear option?

--
    Mooched Beachcats in the past
    Time to try ownership with Nacra 5.7
    Port Clinton, Lake Erie Islands, Ohio
    --
  • scotts1wOk! Well that's settled.
    Now I'm just in my regular state of confusion.
    Good luck on the project.
    Very nice cat yourself Jenna. Where do you sail her? And why are you so excited about blowing things up with the nuclear option?

Scott,, Hehe,, that would be all the years I called on quarries blasting rock. The manger at one site told me "There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of high explosives" I guess his humor stuck and decals are nasty to get off if they have been on for many years. My Infusion, I sail at Sandy Hook Bay in New Jersey and belong to the cat club there. My 5.7 was soooooo much fun and very forgiving. I went to the square top mylar sails from Elliot Pattison and they really kicked up the performance a notch or two. I just wish it had the newer style rudder system that the 570's have. The boat was in really fine condition and is now on Lake Murray in SC with some nice folks there.

--
    2007 Nacra F18 Infusion
    www.fleet250.org
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.