Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie 14 Mast Base  Bottom

• My daughter just picked up a hobie 14. ok ok, i already have three sailboats so i can't buy anymore, so this is just a little shell game, anyway, it is missing the mast base. i suppose i could look it up, but

1. is the mast base the same as the 16?
    2. does anyone have an extra one laying around?

--
    Kenneth Purdy
    Hobie 16
    Nacra 5.2 (2)
    Banshee
    First Coast, Florida
    --
  • Mast base or whole D S ?? with post.. ??

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • Not the same, dimensions are a little smaller on the H14 as the mast is a lot smaller.
  • A lot of people use the term 'mast base' when talking about two different pieces. The mast base is the part on the bottom of the mast, the mast step base is the part on the front beam that the mast base goes into when stepped.

Both are smaller than the 16 counterparts, hoever, a 16 step base can be used with a 14 mast. There are so many out there, it shouldn't be a problem getting the proper parts.

Now, the stock (non-factory turbo) step base does not have a post for the dolphin striker like the 16. The factory ones did. That makes a big difference when looking for one. You can put the non-striker one on the beam, then get an aftermarket dolphin striker and have a perfectly good set up.

If you could attach a photo, it might be easier to diagnose..
  • Thanks Dan,

I was referring to the piece on the bottom of the mast. I am actually picking up the boat on Saturday, will be doing complete inventory, and will be sure to take lots of photos for the beachcats.

--
    Kenneth Purdy
    Hobie 16
    Nacra 5.2 (2)
    Banshee
    First Coast, Florida
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.