Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 16 trapeze lines  Bottom

• I've got an older Prindle 16 in Australia, which I race. I've recently replaced the older running trap line with one that runs through the trampoline, about 6 inches aft of the stay. I want to add a second line. I notice that the default is forward of the stay, but isn't this difficult for the crew to access and use (particularly reaching)? Wouldn't it be better to have both lines aft of the stay?

Cheers,

Damien
  • I don't find it a problem on my P16. There is so much stretch in the bungee because of it's length that the crew can position any where on the boat.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • I kept them in the standard position too. My crew was always the first to trap, and she moved fore and aft quite a bit keeping the cat balanced. Only downside was stretching out the bungee. A wild broad reach sometimes found me sitting on the rear beam with her on my trap wire directly behind me. This was primarily lake sailing.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Thanks guys. I'll set it up just forward of the stay. The previous setup had bungee running over rollers running under the gunwales the whole length of the boat and was just awful.

Damien

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.