Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

5.0 roller furler  Bottom

• I just got new rigging and the headstay is not tight. How tight should it be and does anyone have detailed pics of the drum setup and the pigtail at the top of the headtay Thanks
  • The stay needs to be tighter than the downhaul tension on your jib, otherwise the jib ends up taking the load, instead of the stay.
    I used to tighten mine by undoing one side stay, & hike out in a harness, then have someone put the pin in. You can gainone more hole by "bouncing". NAcra says, not so tight as to impede mast rotation.
    Have a look through my album for setup photos.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…e287a81e0c1bc804b60d55d9

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Quotenot so tight as to impede mast rotation.

on my cats (h16, h18, mystere5.5) i have found that in light air you can have less tension on the forestay but in heavy air you want it tight as a drum (as with most lines on the boat in heavy air)
  • SUMMERI just got new rigging and the headstay is not tight. How tight should it be

The headstay should be just tight enough to still allow your mast to rotate forward of the beam, >90 degrees (or at least to its stops). If the wires are too tight to allow this, your sailing is hindered and there is undue strain on your wires when the mast tries to rotate.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.