Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Did our first regatta  Bottom

• Well the wind was dead. We were the only multi-hull, it was 90 degrees and I found out just how much harder a H-18 is to climb back aboard after a swim than our H-16 is, BUT, what a fun event with a nice bunch of folks. Maybe next time the wind will blow. There are a couple of races left in the series and I intend to sail in them. There were Lazers, Banshee's and a few other mono's. One elderly gentleman was sailing what must have been a hand built boat that was extremely old. It was very cool. It looked much like the Banshee layout. We towed him back in when the wind croaked. He was on his way to give the race director hell because they put us on the long course then the wind died. LOL. He was pissed.

Everyone was there to have fun. My kind of ten dollar Saturday.

Edited by astglenn on Sep 29, 2012 - 05:23 PM.

--
    82 Hobie 18 Alter Signature Model. (The Cisco Squid) Complete refit down to the rivets in 2012.
    81 H-16
    Rescue California
    --
  • You have to give us more details of how you went swimming with no wind. Was it just to cool off in the heat?

--
    Rob V.
    Panama City, FL
    --
  • Yes. It was either that or melt into the tramp. The swim was purely a matter of recreational survival. And today it is windy. Go Figure!

--
    82 Hobie 18 Alter Signature Model. (The Cisco Squid) Complete refit down to the rivets in 2012.
    81 H-16
    Rescue California
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.