Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Private Messages  Bottom

• Well, I just checked my private messages to get an email address to send to another member and noticed many PM's sent to me. My apologies, I will respond to you guys that are still living this week. Some of them are years old.

In the old days if you were logged in you would get a notification that you had a PM. When I just checked I had no notifications and had no clue of the dozens of PM's that have been sent to me. My question is does anybody get a notification icon or anything or do you have to just go and check (which I obviously never do)? Can you sign up for email notifications for PM's? Damon?

--
    Philip
    --
  • I still get a notification, today shows as (0|85), just under the "Home" tab.
    The thing is, it resets to "zero" each time you log in. If you have 10 messages, log in to make a post, then log out, it resets to zero. If you didn't see that you had a new message, the notification is gone.
    This is with Firefox 13.0.1

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • The quickview of your private messages at the top of the left column reads something like

• [0|200] Messages
    • Inbox
    • New message

In the [0|200] zero is the number of unread messages and 200 is the number of total messages in your inbox. This is kind of crude, it just checks to see if you have visited the inbox page and not whether you've actually read a particular message.

You can set whether you receive instant email notifications of new private messages by going to
    Member Panel >> Configure private messages
    http://thebeachcats.com/pm/settings/

and choose "Yes" beside email notifications, then click on the green confirmation check-mark icon.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • DamonLinkousand choose "Yes" beside email notifications, then click on the green confirmation check-mark icon.

Perfect. Thanks.

--
    Philip
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.